New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Guys, good day! advise naman po, newbie hir. i own a toyota innova m/t vvti. question ko po regarding sa change oil.3years na po siya pero 9400km palang ang mileage niya kc bihira po magamit and mostly city driving lang.so ung 1000 km pms nya ngchange oil ako sa toyota ng fully synthetic na oil and also nung 5000km pms fully synthetic rin elixir ata ang brand.then sabi sa toyota next change oil ko raw sa 10,000km.kaya ang question ko po di ba every 10k kms ang fully synthetic na oil?kaso medyo matagal na rin ung last change oil ko last feb 2010 p un. masama ba un na ganun katagal ung frequency ng oil change kahit fully synthetic gamitin?kailangan na ba ko magchange oil?kasi diba meron sinasabi sila na whichever comes first?and plan ko po na sa gasoline station nalang muna ko mgpapaoil change pero using fully synthetic rin.Thank you in advance po!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    rule of thumb is, the more often you change your oil, the longer your engine will last.

which is why some people use regular oil lang and then tapon na every 3,000 or 5,000. mas mura kasi regular oil.

pagdating sa synthetic, 10,000 kasi ang mahal para medyo may practical side naman... and you can use it for that many kilometers hindi titigas or mag dedegrade sa loob kaya why not? di naman masama sa makina yun. ang masama kung yung regular ang iiwan mo ng ganun katagal sa loob.

sa liit ng mileage mo, hindi naman ganun masyado gamit ang innova mo, o kaya puro very short driving lang. in this case, i advise fully synthetic and forget about it for 1 year na. check mo lang paminsan minsan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks sir voltscastillo for that info pero sabi niyo po every 10,000km ang fully synthetic eh nsa 9400kms plang mileage ko.so that means pwede pa ung oil hangang umabot ako ng 15000kms?kasi ngchange oil ako nung 5000kms ng fully synthetic.and almost 1yr and 8 months na ung oil ko pero nsa 9400km palang and odo ko.masama na ba yung ganung katagal? or ok lng po ba un?or kailangan ko na magchange oil kahit hindi pa ko umaabot sa 15k kms.

saka sabi nyo po mas maganda kung lagi ako ngpapalit ng oil every 3k kms, ok lng po ba mag mineral based or ordinary oil gamitin parang magdodowngrade from fully synthetic oil and change oil more often.wala po kaya negative effect un?
    pasensya na po medyo maraming tanong..hehehe TIA and Godbless!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given that your car hardly even sees 5,000kms in a year, i'd suggest you use synthetic then change oil once a year at the least.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    rule of thumb is, the more often you change your oil, the longer your engine will last.

which is why some people use regular oil lang and then tapon na every 3,000 or 5,000. mas mura kasi regular oil.

pagdating sa synthetic, 10,000 kasi ang mahal para medyo may practical side naman... and you can use it for that many kilometers hindi titigas or mag dedegrade sa loob kaya why not? di naman masama sa makina yun. ang masama kung yung regular ang iiwan mo ng ganun katagal sa loob.

sa liit ng mileage mo, hindi naman ganun masyado gamit ang innova mo, o kaya puro very short driving lang. in this case, i advise fully synthetic and forget about it for 1 year na. check mo lang paminsan minsan.
    +100. Better use synthetic because it has longer oil life versus regular oil. It seems yearly lang palit mo so better use t na nga lang. Mas may peace of mind ka at as sir volts mentioned, do check na lang the oil level regularly (twice a month siguro).
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Sir, am also a once a year synthetic oil change practioner. My two gasoline fed cars are 9 and 6 yo with a 7-8K km annual usage and they were both inspected recently via a general oil pan cleaning and a top cylinder cover opening..Both shows a very clean pan and innerwalls of the blocks without any traces of gums deposits. Just monitor your level lang and change it within 12months..to me its sulit na. My premise of not changing it based on milage or months (time) based whichever comes first is that in this way I could contribute of not wasting the Oils, money, etc..lets not contribute to the unecessary wastage just for the sake of being OC in sa car maintenance. sometimes we have to check the Facts and not just by hearsays and others experiences..If I could only get a good quality Oil Filters then I would have it extended more than a year pa.

Caveat!!! just because this works for me will also works for other. Have a good read about Lube oils and from there you can decide for yourself.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Sir, am also a once a year synthetic oil change practioner. My two gasoline fed cars are 9 and 6 yo with a 7-8K km annual usage and they were both inspected recently via a general oil pan cleaning and a top cylinder cover opening..Both shows a very clean pan and innerwalls of the blocks without any traces of gums deposits. Just monitor your level lang and change it within 12months..to me its sulit na. My premise of not changing it based on milage or months (time) based whichever comes first is that in this way I could contribute of not wasting the Oils, money, etc..lets not contribute to the unecessary wastage just for the sake of being OC in sa car maintenance. sometimes we have to check the Facts and not just by hearsays and others experiences..If I could only get a good quality Oil Filters then I would have it extended more than a year pa.

Caveat!!! just because this works for me will also works for other. Have a good read about Lube oils and from there you can decide for yourself.
    +100, well said sir.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks guys sa mga replies.stick nalang po ako sa full synthetic oil.so sa case ko po 1yir and 8months na ung oil ko masama na kaya yun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako naman i usuallybdrive arounf 7 to 8k kms a year so i use fully synthetic. I usually change every 5k kms, that usually reaches between 6 to 8 months. The european cars of my boss, regardless of kilometers since seldom used, he changes every year, usually a year travels between 1500 to 2500kms per year.

Change Oil - Advise Needed