New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    afaik, low oil pressure, lots of blow-by and low compression pressures, eating up the oil, etc....if these occur at the same time, rebuild is the way to go.....but sometimes driving attitude, maintenance schedule will tell the mileage.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Water jackets are on the cylinder head.

First off, check the compression.

If the top of the block is already exposed, check if the piston rings are still good. On most cases of high mileage use, you might want to change them together with the valve seals (that is if your engine "blows by").

In which case, I'd keep the block and everything on it (alternator, pumps etc).

If the water jacket rust can't be solved through shaving, I'd just get another cylinder head, probably from a D15B VTEC-E (rare though) since your ECU uses VTEC-E mapping.

So you retain everything and just change to a new cylinder head. Just don't expect gains in torque and power. At least you'll have your car running again at less cost.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Oopps, sorry isa1023.. mali yata ung term na ginamit ko. ang ibig ko po sabihin ung gilid na yumayakap ng piston na meron water ay inubos na po ng kalawang. As far as cylinder head is concern, mejo manipis na din po sabi ng mekaniko. Possible daw na ilang beses na po nire-faced ung head.

Salamat po.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Change engine ka na nga paps.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    salamat sir. Anyone from Paranaque who can help me with this? Reputable shops who could do the swap and if the shop could assist me looking for the engine the better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Change Engine