New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Magandang araw po sa lahat.

The car is Honda City 2004. Just recently encountered "MIL" or "CEL" on my car. Usually nung na-encounter ko to before ay on and off lang ang ginagawa ko then nawawala na sya agad. Pero last week ay di na sya nawawala.

Since halos weekends ko lang ginagamit sya recently, yesterday ko lang pina-diagnose sa isang branch ng servitek.

Below is the result of the scan test.

=====================
    X431 DIAG Report Launch
    ---------------------------
    SMARTBOX:980248739900
    DATE: 2/16/2010 10:33:02 AM
    ----------------------------
    Total Codes :001
    CODE001:
    14-3 IACV CIRCUIT FAILURE
    ======================

Ang ginawa lang nila ay ini-spray ng contact cleaner yung ibang terminals. After awhile nawala naman. Umuwi na ko since parang ok naman then parked the car at pumasok na ko sa office. Nag half day lang kasi ako para dun.

Then last night ini-start ko ulit sya, then after ilang seconds umilaw ulit siya. So I searched on the net and try to check kung ano pwede gawin. Halos di tuloy ako nakatulog.

This morning, I started it again and nandun ulit yung CEL. So ginawa ko, I drove it around 2kms siguro. Then saka lang sya nawala. Nung naka-ilaw sya medyo di talaga maganda yung takbo nya but nung nawala na yung ilaw ok na ulit sya.

What do you think guys? May iba pa kayang sira ito? Makuha kaya sa cleaning lang ng IACV to? I want to make sure na sira talaga siya bago sana palitan. Magkano kaya replacement parts nito?

Your opinions are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    looks like an intermittent problem. as the mil code said; it's a circuit problem not necessarily a defective iac, check the wires, (better if yo have a wiring diagram). try the wiggletest, check for corrosions and tightness of the connectors and terminals. while it's not acting up you can check the iac by pulling out a vacum, if the idling rises then the iac is still good.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    looks like an intermittent problem. as the mil code said; it's a circuit problem not necessarily a defective iac, check the wires, (better if yo have a wiring diagram). try the wiggletest, check for corrosions and tightness of the connectors and terminals. while it's not acting up you can check the iac by pulling out a vacum, if the idling rises then the iac is still good.
    thanks sir t2erns for your reply. i plan to bring it to speedyfix tomorrow or this coming saturday for checkup and cleaning. sana um-ok na sya...
    Last edited by skyglider; February 18th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    or try cleaning the IACV

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Suggest na ibalik mo sa gumawa nyan before. Dapat ma- correct ang trouble code. Baka in-erase lang ang trouble code, malamang babalik uli yan. Pa check mo mga wire harness, connectors going to the IACV. The mechanic should know the location of the IACV. I think naka indicate location nyan sa scan tool.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    there is an iacv magnet inside which needs to be replaced. had exactly the same problem. 1,800 for the magnet and 400 for labor. cleaning included. di ko nga alam kung nabundok me sa presyo...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    really? same din ba sir yun error code natin... san shop mo pinagawa?

Quote Originally Posted by donald22 View Post
    there is an iacv magnet inside which needs to be replaced. had exactly the same problem. 1,800 for the magnet and 400 for labor. cleaning included. di ko nga alam kung nabundok me sa presyo...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    update lang just in case meron same problem.

last saturday while driving, the CEL went on again. so the erratic idling and jerking comes back again. i brought the car to hondakal and inquired for the part which is Rotary Air Valve Control (RACV). Eto pala yung tawag ng honda sa IACV.

it costs me +9k including air cleaner element and labor for the installation. hinabol ko kasi dahil magtataas na naman daw ng parts ang honda. buti na lang meron pan natitira dun sa last batch nila na tag 7.3K. yung next batch kasi nila 11K na daw IACV...

the car is working fine now...

CEL: IACV Circuit Failure