New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by spazzkid
    so i may need someone rev the engine to help me out with cleaning huh?
    No need, just turn the accelerator cable linkage on the side of the carb.:D :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by joreb0
    Bench,

Try spraying carb cleaner around the vacuum hose connections, pag lumala ang idle, you have vacuum leak. Rubber vacuum hoses tend to deteriorate with age. Look around for cracked ends. If the hose is long enough, you can cut off the cracked portion and re-insert.
    we scrutinized each and every vacuum hose that is connected to the carb, and found 2 were cracked. we snipped the cracked ends and reinstalled it.....plus we changed the fuel filter.......voila!!! problem solved....thanks to all the peeps who posted their comments.:D :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    idling di ang problema ko sa 93xl ko. very noticeable ang drop ng idle kapag nag-on me ng park and headlights tapos sasabayan pa ng pag turn-on ng a/c compressor... what i did is increase the idling... kaso ang taas naman ng idle kapag walang electrical load. alternator na kaya o battery also has something to do with it? a couple of days ago lang ito nangyari...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    defective hose ng idle up switch or vacuum switch or the switch itself.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This case is rare on EFI engines.....but what if i encounter it? what do i have to look for besides plugs, hi-tension wires, fuel filters & lines & also timing?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Based from toyota manual, rough idling may caused by Faulty spark plug, ignition wiring, ignition timing, ignition coil, igniter, distributor and high tension wires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
causes of erratic idling