New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    car: 1996 toyota corolla xl 1300 carb.

kotse ng friend ko to, pinaltan na namin ng OEM spark plugs,
    top-dead center naman ang timing, ok naman ang hi-tension wires, tsaka nilinis namin yng carb gamit spray carb cleaner.

pero mapalag pa rin. pag idling lang naman pero pag nagaaccelerate na wala na.:confused:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check the fuel and air filters at baka madumi na and needs replacement. ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or engine supports

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Is that the right timing per toyota manual? Check the specs, think it may be 5-8 deg Btdc.
    Did you adjust the mixture via the air screw? Should be set at the highest idling point or before the idling roughens up.
    Also, check your throttle stop screw, usually a long screw with a white knob.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by benchph1
    car: 1996 toyota corolla xl 1300 carb.

kotse ng friend ko to, pinaltan na namin ng OEM spark plugs,
    top-dead center naman ang timing, ok naman ang hi-tension wires, tsaka nilinis namin yng carb gamit spray carb cleaner.

pero mapalag pa rin. pag idling lang naman pero pag nagaaccelerate na wala na.:confused:

Bench,

Try spraying carb cleaner around the vacuum hose connections, pag lumala ang idle, you have vacuum leak. Rubber vacuum hoses tend to deteriorate with age. Look around for cracked ends. If the hose is long enough, you can cut off the cracked portion and re-insert.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    OT: how do i use a carb cleaner? those are the ones that come in spray bottles right?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by spazzkid
    OT: how do i use a carb cleaner? those are the ones that come in spray bottles right?

I'm talking about the ones that come in spray cans (aerosol). Be careful not to spray it on paint, it will leave a blemish.

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    so bubuksan ko ang carb then spray it on?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by spazzkid
    so bubuksan ko ang carb then spray it on?
    Yes, take off the air cleaner filter and you can spray it in there any where you can see gum and dirt buildup preferably while engine is running on idle. The engine will die so rev it up a little bit while spraying.:D :D :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    so i may need someone rev the engine to help me out with cleaning huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
causes of erratic idling