New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I started the engine a while ago and when I stepped on the gas pedal, white smoke came out of the exhaust. Bad smelling smoke which I couldn't describe. Kinda smells like smoking coming from old public utility vehicles.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maam try niyo sa mga gas stations at pagawa niyo sa master mechanic. Usually marunong sila gumawa niyan. Usually yung gas stations na madaming nakapila na client yun ang magaling. Based on my experience lang po. Petron or Shell.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can take it to a good shop... many here swear by speedyfix (though I haven't been there)... Minerva Yokohama in the south generally gives good service, and they can do overhauls... Servitek does, too... but I don't know which branches are good.

Best to get a compression test done, but from the observations you've given, it's a fair bet that you need that overhaul. Foul smelling white smoke is a possible indicator of engine oil getting past your piston rings and getting burnt inside the chambers.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Aside from the white smoke, the outer part of the exhaust is coated in oil and water drips out of it. This doesn't seem good. Do I need just a top overhaul or a full overhaul?

What are the consequences if I keep on driving my car for 2 more weeks without having it fixed? My problem is on deciding where to have it fixed.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi Cat! Same ride here. From my experience, have at least two opinions from diffrent mechanics. Minsan pa ng three pero thats too much a hasle. If they have the same assesment/diagnosis on your car, then go for it. Kapag tugma mga sinasabi nilang sira then most likely yun na nga yung sira.

White smoke? Experienced that too. If tune up, change spark plugs and change oil wont fix it, most likely its Top Overhaul.

If you wont get it fixed within two weeks? Thicker smoke will come out, you'll be a smoke belcher and an irritating sight in the Highway. Hehehe! Peace!

Im from the South and i know some Mechanics at Shell Gasoline Station along Sucat Road. they provide good honest service. And a safe place to leave your car cause Top Overhaul might take a day or two. If your coming from South Super Hway its before SM Sucat at the left side. Happy Driving!

PS
    Lots of Parts available along Sucat.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks Splash. Can you give me the name of your mechanic? I'll see if I could have him check my car.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just go there and ask for any mechanic to asses your Engine. Its Mang Boy i think who supervises and you'll go thru him din.

I've got one more pala, Its Motech in Makro Sucat. Its at the left service road. Ive been there recently and their Labor or Service fee is quite competitive. Just look for Bong or the Shop supervisor then tell them im your cousin and you'll get 20% discount on Labor. You'll get free coffee pa! 3-in-1 nga lang! Hahaha! Airconditioned lounge. Need more help? YM me splashtik_02*yahoo.com. tatah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cause of Engine Noise?