New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gls2001 View Post
    Bought an OEM CRV Cabin Filter from a Honda Thai dealership and also replacement Cabin filter from Shopee.

Here’s a 200x comparison of the filter element under the microscope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    just looking at the pictures, i would expect more filtering ability with the one on the right.
    so, how is it, sir? in your opinion, does the one on the right significantly restrict air flow?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For cabin filters I would't mind what filter, but i prefer the cheapest and less restrictive since a car will always be dusty inside and out. Just replace it frequently if the accumulated dust/soil already discolored the element. Those hepa filters are more suited indoors, anyway our nose are already built-in cilia there's no need for much filtration, the filters are there just to prolong the life of the evap.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    our nose are already built-in cilia there's no need for much filtration, the filters are there just to prolong the life of the evap.
    ...and our cilia!
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    just looking at the pictures, i would expect more filtering ability with the one on the right.
    so, how is it, sir? in your opinion, does the one on the right significantly restrict air flow?
    Haven’t used the filter yet. I have yet to hit my first 20k on our current ride and the current filter is still ok. Just stocking on consumables as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456