New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Since di naman ganun kalayo ang price difference ng OEM air filters sa cars namin, I get originals. Not necessarily from the casa though. I install them myself kasi simple lang gawin. Pati oil filters, OEM din ako.

Maraming fake sa market, but there are shops where we personally know the owners naman and have been sourcing parts for our Toyotas for years with no issues.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Buy well known brand if possible. Denso, Vic, JS Asakashi, Bosch, Sakura are considered with good quality. Fleetmax is another option if there no other brand available. For Oil and fuel filter, I will not use Fleetmax. Only for air filter. Do not buy those generic filter with unknown origin.

For those not familiar with JS Asakashi filter, It is a japanese filter brand that is already well known to other asian countries. On some reviews related to oil filter, it is consider with good quality. I would say much better than VIC.

Sakura filter is an Indonesian brand, not Japanese.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    nilalabhan ko po yung akin..
    it's still the exactsame piece that came with the car, from the factory, 4 years ago.
    Actually if nilalabahan mo ang cabin or air filter mas lalo lng nasisira yung filter media sa loob if you check it under the microsope napupunit siya dahil hindi siya designed to be submerge in water for a long time plus yung detergent or soap na ginagamit mo nakakadagdag sa damage ng filter lalo na sa filter media fibres. The air and aircon filter media is only design to resist dirt, oil, dust and etc... not soap/detergent and water. It is not the same structure and materials with clothing na washable.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Actually if nilalabahan mo ang cabin or air filter mas lalo lng nasisira yung filter media sa loob if you check it under the microsope napupunit siya dahil hindi siya designed to be submerge in water for a long time plus yung detergent or soap na ginagamit mo nakakadagdag sa damage ng filter lalo na sa filter media fibres. The air and aircon filter media is only design to resist dirt, oil, dust and etc... not soap/detergent and water. It is not the same structure and materials with clothing na washable.
    thank you for the info. it's nice to know.

actually, i washed the filter because the dirt was already affecting the air flow.
    washing it restored the airflow.

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    I buy replacement cabin filters for my unit. Recently tried the KOJI branded one from your favorite online shopping place and works good enough for 350 bucks. Surprised it's made in Bulacan.

For engine air filter, I just buy OEM. Don't want to risk a cheaper filter getting sucked in.

Wanted to try K&N out of curiousity since youtube always seems to show gains albeit minimal. It's not recommended though for dusty environments and too much of a hassle to wash and recharge. I prefer plug and play.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Recently ordered in lazada the koji air and cabin filter for my 4.5year old ecosport... grabe yung air filter kasi sa casa, 3k petot vs 498 petot (pic below)

Okay lang Since less thank 5k naman takbo ng sasakyan every year and city driving mostly... next jan ulit pa pms...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    umorder ako sa shopee ng "oem daw na cabin filter " for avanza.
    malaki masyado. tinabas ko na lang.
    hassle pa magsoli.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just replace the filter more frequently kung replacement install ninyo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Just replace the filter more frequently kung replacement install ninyo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree on this... Casa Geniune Air Filter vs Generic Air Filter

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Bought an OEM CRV Cabin Filter from a Honda Thai dealership and also replacement Cabin filter from Shopee.

Here’s a 200x comparison of the filter element under the microscope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast