New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    naka on ba a/c thermostat n'yo while making the final parking? if yes talagang tatakbo ang aux fan. switch off your a/c thermostat at least 500m to 1 km before para totally stopped na siya. this way you have at least few minutes for the battery to charge up for the next start.

IMO no need to open the hood to cool down, malalaspag pa yan ng kaka bukas-sara, with proper coolant mixture it will serve its purpose.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    naka on ba a/c thermostat n'yo while making the final parking? if yes talagang tatakbo ang aux fan. switch off your a/c thermostat at least 500m to 1 km before para totally stopped na siya. this way you have at least few minutes for the battery to charge up for the next start.

IMO no need to open the hood to cool down, malalaspag pa yan ng kaka bukas-sara, with proper coolant mixture it will serve its purpose.
    Chief, negative sir, naka off na yung A/C ko while I make the cool down. Actually ang praktis ko nga eh kung mga 100 to 50 mtrs approaching the destination eh pinapatay ko na A/C since malamig pa naman ang hangin. This way, i'm cooling down the A/C system plus the engine na din, masyado ko kasi bini-baby ride ko kahit junky he he! Thanks for the suggestion chief!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Chief, sorry been busy. Anyway, havent clocked the time during cool down period, basta ang mino monitor ko lang is the radiator fan, if it is still -on, di ko muna pinapatay and wait till it shuts off. Kung minsan naman kapag long distant drive, wait ko muna isang cycle (kung baga, wait for the fan to turn-on till it shuts off) then taska ko pinapatay. Yes tama ibang guru's medyo waste of energy pero had my benefits naman. Thanks chief!
    Thanks JVNJ!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007

thanks for this tip sir.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Unless there's a problem with your charging system, there's no need to turn off the A/C before reaching your destination.

I agree on the 2nd part, opening the hood to cool down the engine is unnecessary. In fact, it's better for the engine to be warm as it will use up less gas to warm up on its next use.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Unless there's a problem with your charging system, there's no need to turn off the A/C before reaching your destination.
    luckily, i haven't experienced any problem with that it has been my habit doing it for so many years in all our cars primarily to avoid the sour smell coming from the a/c vents. a lot of tsikoteers benefited from that too.

in fact i only replaced my stock motolite excel battery last month - after serving my crosswind since '01 :2thumbsup:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    luckily, i haven't experienced any problem with that it has been my habit doing it for so many years in all our cars primarily to avoid the sour smell coming from the a/c vents. a lot of tsikoteers benefited from that too.

in fact i only replaced my stock motolite excel battery last month - after serving my crosswind since '01 :2thumbsup:
    Galeng Sir!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    just like with what xto said, i've been practicing the same procedure since i got my first car, turo ng bro ko, in fact not only will it cool your engine but yung amoy ng a/c esp pag hindi sumisikat ang araw ay hindi nagkakaron. I drive cavite-makati-cavite kaya talagang nag init ng husto ang engine so, 2 blocks before the house, switch off ang thermostat, fan na lang gagana, then pag dating ng house, mga 10sec idle lang, patay na engine, check kung takbo pa yung aux fan, if yes wait pa mga 5-10secs til mag off sya, then oks na.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car radiator cooling fan