New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Caltex with Techron vs. bottled fuel injector cleaner, like STP - do they have the same effect?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same lang silang may claim na they "clean your engine."

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I'd stay away from bottled injector cleaners if i were you. Most modern EFI engines do not need these cleaners. Please refer to the Car Bibles website and do a search on fifth gear, it does not do anything to your engine, and may reduce km/l fuel consumption at the least.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I popped in a fuel injector cleaner 2 weeks ago when my engine was making this strange sound, we initially thought it was dirty injectors for my FD but it was due to the engine mounts pala. Anyway, i've noticed smoother engine running, increased low end torque and better FC. I guess a bottle wouldn't hurt every 10K km. I use ordinary unleaded fuel

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Can you please specify the exact name of the fuel injector cleaner 2 that you use?What brand.?thank you.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No need. Just do a tankful of Blaze or V-Power every few tanks if you want the same effect.

Using Blaze is like doing a double-espresso shot of fuel cleaner... it's so potent that it causes hard-starting for some, so you may want to dilute it 50:50 with regular gasoline.

But if your motor likes Blaze, like mine does... it's great.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    I popped in a fuel injector cleaner 2 weeks ago when my engine was making this strange sound, we initially thought it was dirty injectors for my FD but it was due to the engine mounts pala. Anyway, i've noticed smoother engine running, increased low end torque and better FC. I guess a bottle wouldn't hurt every 10K km. I use ordinary unleaded fuel
    placebo effect...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Anu po klaseng sound and anu po problema sa engine mounts niu po and panu nasoluxonan?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hey! this is over 7 years old!

we have the same subjective feeling, whenever we have oil change.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Bakit nga ganon doc? I have the same feeling every oil change which is either true or psychological. But then, there are times in between oil changes that I feel the car is more responsive, and sometimes it feels like it's dragging something.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Caltex with Techron vs. bottled fuel injector cleaner