New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Alin po ang mas maganda para sa Vios ?? Havoline or Helix ??

I've heard na ang Toyota Phils. are repacking Havoline oils for their CASA's .. Is the Toyota Fully Synthetic 5w40 Black Container the same as Caltex Havoline Pro DS LE 5w40 ??

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    Alin po ang mas maganda para sa Vios ?? Havoline or Helix ??

I've heard na ang Toyota Phils. are repacking Havoline oils for their CASA's .. Is the Toyota Fully Synthetic 5w40 Black Container the same as Caltex Havoline Pro DS LE 5w40 ??
    Akala ko amalie ang gamit ng toyota.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Probably not.

The Toyota FS 5W40 is API SN/CF while the Caltex ProDS LE 5W40 is API SN.

In other words, the Toyota 5W40 oil is suitable for both Diesel and Gasoline engines (up to CF and SN classifications, respectively) while the Caltex 5W40 (SN) is for Gasoline engines only.

By comparison, the Shell HX8 5W40 is more similar to the Toyota 5W40 as they're both API SN/CF.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung ano mas mura, puwede naman either for the Vios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung ano mas mura, puwede naman either for the Vios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agree so many 300ish fs oil nowadays

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Probably not.

The Toyota FS 5W40 is API SN/CF while the Caltex ProDS LE 5W40 is API SN.

In other words, the Toyota 5W40 oil is suitable for both Diesel and Gasoline engines (up to CF and SN classifications, respectively) while the Caltex 5W40 (SN) is for Gasoline engines only.

By comparison, the Shell HX8 5W40 is more similar to the Toyota 5W40 as they're both API SN/CF.
    while trying to learn about shell helix x7, i came across the api.org site, as reflected in their advisory, CF oil classification is obsolete. sad thing is, i just had my oil changed with shell helix FS. mahal pa naman. buti pa nag stick nalang ako sa delo 400, mas maganda pa pala at mas mura.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes. That’s why I stopped using the Toyota FS 5W40 and switched to Zic X7 10W40 Diesel. The latter is at least API CI-4 and costs a fraction of the Toyota FS.