New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I had my 1996 Gen II checked out and sabi ng talyer dapat daw i calibrate yun engine.

Honestly, am not too familiar with this procedure.

Paki explain naman how calibration reduces smoke and increase power.

Also my friends suggested not to ask just a talyer to do the calibration thing as this will do more harm if the mechanic is not good enough.

I heard sugegstions to bring it to central diesel.

Any more suggestions? And kindly give me a rough estimate on the costs. Thanks a lot...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Central Diesel, Betan Calibration and Denso Diesel Services Q.C. are three of the more known and better calibration facilities in town.

Calibration means that your fuel system, especially your injection pump, will be recalibrated back to factory specs. The procedure may also entail replacing/cleaning your injector nozzle tips.

Calibration is not a cheap procedure. Make sure your vehicle needs one before having it done. Don't overlook the basics like a clean air filter and fuel filter and that the inline fuel strainer screen on your fuel line is not blocked (I have yet to check mine :D whoops ).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what ba symptoms na u need a calibration? mine was done 2 years ago n i plan to have it check sa denso this month.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sir OTEP,

Matagal ba gawin ito?

How much kaya? Am prepared for it kasi sabi baka masira raw yun engine.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The engine won't self destruct naman if you don't calibrate immediately.

Calibration costs will depend on what needs to be done. This can be anywhere from Php 8,000.00 - Php 14,000.00 when done by a reputable shop.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    According kasi sa mechanic, too much smoke na daw, also may maingay daw na sound sa injection.

I noticed loss of power na din. and also too much diesel consumption. Average ko lang this year mga 5.5 km/l city driving.

Inyour opinion which among the 3 reputable calibration centers have you tried and mostly trusts.

Thanks a lot

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Too much smoke and loss of power can be attributed to a clogged fuel or air filter (happened to me already). So better check the basics before taking the plunge.

May inline fuel strainer din ang 4d56. Sometimes it gets clogged. DIY lang linisin yun. Hindi ko lang mapaliwanag pero may thread about that dito dati (kaso baka page 20 na yun). It's basically a metal screen inside the fuel hose as it enters the injection pump.

Among the three I have no experiences yet. Pero ang Denso ang pinakamalapit sa lugar ko, eh.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok, will check all firs before going for the calibration thing.

Thanks man

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    :question: Yung mga direct injection diesel engines ba subject to calibration din??? Sabi kasi nung kilala kong mechanic linis lang daw ng inj. pump. How true?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Denso - 7322786, look for Hanson or Geraldine. Kung calibration only no part replacement mga 3,000. The price goes up when there are parts to replace (nozzle, washers, springs. etc.).

Calibration