New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    good day guys,
    i am having problem with my honda crv 2004 b20 engine, the engine wont pass 5000rpm under load? any idea on what to do or fix , i already change the plug and engine oil. tnx and God bless all!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redpitz View Post
    good day guys,
    i am having problem with my honda crv 2004 b20 engine, the engine wont pass 5000rpm under load? any idea on what to do or fix , i already change the plug and engine oil. tnx and God bless all!

perhaps that's your red line. all regular production cars have overspeed limiter built into the pcm program. the crv is not a low center of gravity vehicle thus the engine cutout speed and the vehicle cutout speed is low compared to ferraris and koenigseggs

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have the engine scanned. Try also cleaning your MAP sensor.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Ganyan din po yung nangyari sa engine ko dati.
    Found out it's because of the HKS mushroom type filter sucking not enough air under high rpm with engine load.
    Try niyo po muna without the air cleaner, which is possibly dirty and won't let more air pass through.

OT:
    Di po ba K series ang engine ng CRV?
    K20 and K24?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    rev limiter 5000 rpm?

i don't think so

stock CRV B20 VTEC revs past 6000

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    check the engine oil level. have you changed the engine oil just recently? the vtec might not be actuating or the vtec sysem oil gallery is plugged. what is the V.I.N.? was it designed for the U.S. market?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A few possibilities. One, VTEC is not engaging, so it's choking for air past 5000 rpm, but it should feel like it's running out of air, not a hard cut.

Two, ignition coil or improper timing (belt has jumped a tooth)

Three, ECU issue.

Four... something else.

Best to take it in to a mechanic who knows his B-engines and have him take a look.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sory guys, my bad... it's the k20 series not the b20, will try to change the air filter and clean the maf sensor... will post back soon if it change anything! tnx tnx.

btw... when im moving and in gear, if i depress the clutch, and floor the accelerator. it will pass and hit the rev limiter. only when in motion. but not at stand still. so im really confuse.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bad ignition timing

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Based on my experience, Civic FDs are rev limited up to 5000RPM if you're not moving. But when you're moving, it revs all the way to 7000RPM. Probably a safety feature? It might be the same with the CRV.

engine not revving beyond 5000rpm?