New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Try placing the engine in rocking position (all four Pistons level and halfway) and either drill the tip or push it down using a pin punch slightly smaller in diameter than the tip. Use light taps until it gets dislodged and falls into the combustion chamber. Modify a vacuum cleaner flexible tip to go into the injector hole
    That is what I am also thinking, however, with the 1" length broken and stuck, I am unsure if it will fit inside the combustion chamber. Mukhang di sya mahuhulog sa chamber kasi parang tutukod sya instead na mahuhulog pag ipu-push down sya (like using a "stripped" welding rod). This is also the suggestions of some members in IH8MUD forums...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Then you're S.O.L. The surest way is to extract them with the cylinder head on the bench and might as well clean and lap the valves, change the seals

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Then you're S.O.L. The surest way is to extract them with the cylinder head on the bench and might as well clean and lap the valves, change the seals

that is the most likely scenario. ala top overhaul na in a definitely healthy engine just for that s**#^%d broken glowplug tip. But i'll have it in a "double set up" (tanggal ang CH kung mag fail yung pag dukot sa taas).

BTW, what do you mean by S.O.L.? haha

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Shot out of luck.
    Can't push it down because the precombustion chamber is blocking it

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Shot out of luck.
    Can't push it down because the precombustion chamber is blocking it
    haha, no retreat no surrender! one problem I'm anticipating is hopefully if the CH is down, the broken GP tip will be extracted without removing the combustion chamber cup. tsk tsk tsk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Update, had already fixed the broken glow plug. We had no choice but to remove the cylinder head. Pushed down the broken tip until it fell into the precombustion chamber. cleaned the head, lapped the valves, changed valve seals, etc (we used the OEM top overhauling kit from toyota). I had to change the nozzle tips as they have seen better days. The result was a "1-click" start, a quieter engine with decreased emission with stronger pull and probably a satisfied owner. Lesson learned is, the moment your old school diesel present with hard starting in the morning (with a good battery and starter of course), check your glowplug immediately and replace as necessary. Even if your old plugs seem physically ok, it is still best to check their electrical resistance to know if they are still good. It is also wise to clean the glow plug hole with carb cleaner to reduce/remove the carbon deposits that can seize up your glowplug in the future. And if budget permits, use OEM glowplugs, they last longer than replacement ones...

downside lang is gumasto ako. Man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12