New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Bros,

Need your advice. I bought two oil seals - camshaft and crankshaft when I was in Manila last week. When we were to install it last Sunday, we discovered upon opening of the timing belt cover that wala naman ang leak doon. You might ask why I concluded na dun ang leak, dati kasi I already replaced these two oil seals, which were leaking. Natural assumption ko dun pa rin. Yun pala, may leak na pala between the head and the block. Coolant loss was also noticed by me during the past two weeks.

My questions:

1. Wala naman kayang other parts na natamaan? FYI, I do not suffer from power loss what soever. Still averging 90 to 120 kph on the highways.
    2. What other parts do I need to undertake cylinder head gasket replacement, does it need to be an OEM part or replacement ok lang?
    3. Di pa naman kaya crack head ko?

Feel free to make dagdag questions, suggestions, or information on this matter. Sayang din ang knowledge that we may learn.

Thanks and God Bless mga bro.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How old is the engine?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Derecho mo na top overhaul dahil papalit ka rin naman ng head gasket.
    cracked cyl head? Kung walang previous overheating and no water traces sa itaas ng piston eh masabi natin na ok ang cylinder head. Safest syempre ay pressure test ang head pag tinanggal sa engine, or check for crack using "spot check spray".

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    minimum parts you will need:
    1. cylinder head gasket
    2. valve cover gasket
    3. intake manifold gasket
    4. exhaust manifold gasket
    5. sparkplugs ring/seal if equipped

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    better to have the cylinderhead pressure tested(crack test) since mag top overhaul ka naman.it wont take an hour pag di busy yun machine shop. so nag mix ba yun oil and water?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Napa top overhaul ko na mga papi. Cost me around P8k, parts replaced were cylinder head gasket, intake manifold/exhaust manifold gasket, valve seals. No machine shop was made, di pa naman nagwawarp ang head. Naagapan daw. Have broken in the engine also, traveled around 600kms to and from Carles, Iloilo to Roxas City, Capiz and back to Iloilo City last holy week. After break-in binalik ko muna sa casa for setting of valves kasi yun din ang advise nila. So far so good naman mga bro.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Napa top overhaul ko na mga papi. Cost me around P8k, parts replaced were cylinder head gasket, intake manifold/exhaust manifold gasket, valve seals. No machine shop was made, di pa naman nagwawarp ang head. Naagapan daw. Have broken in the engine also, traveled around 600kms to and from Carles, Iloilo to Roxas City, Capiz and back to Iloilo City last holy week. After break-in binalik ko muna sa casa for setting of valves kasi yun din ang advise nila. So far so good naman mga bro.

maybe the cylinder head was not torqued to specs and not properly. 600 km is not that far. somebody screwed up here or somebody does not know what he is doing

Blown cylinder head gasket