New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Mga bossing mga mag kano kaya over all ng engine ng b2200? minalas ako at blowby na ang engine ano kaya ang mas maganda change engine nalang? and mga mag kano po magagastos pag blow by na engine?

Maraming salamat po

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    overhauling is a sure thing that your engine will perform better, granting that it is done properly though....

change engine is like playing any game of chance.....

Doc Diesel

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Hi doc diesel,

ano ba yung blowby? how can you tell?

(I am also out of the country, and learning here...para when I go home, I will visit your shop for a carbon clean if necessary) Can your guys there tell me the status of my engine, and can they tell what routes to take to get it back to/close to factory settings or better?

I have a GEN1 Pajero

Would you suggest: an overhaul (isama na doon ang port/polish) calibration or injectors (if necessary); headers (and whole exhaust)and then isama na ang carbon clean and an intake upgrade?

***overkill ba yan? or will those be beneficial in the long run? (sa diesel ba, may noticeable increase ang power, pag nag-upgrade ng intake?) if those are not all necessary, what are the steps to take to get the best out of the engine and keep it at its optimum efficiency?

yun pong tipong, masaya kayo na minamaneho, dahil kampante ka sa sasakyan mo...

Salamat!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Rolandml

Ang alam ko medyo mahirap ang spare parts for the Mazda. We have a Mazda B2500 which cracked a cylinder head and we had a real hard time looking for a replacement. Wala sa Davao, Cebu or even sa Banawe. We had to buy an original head from the factory for P51,000 and had to wait days till the part arrived from Japan. This vehicle is a pain in the ass because mahirap maghanap ng even the common parts. But who knows, it may be a different story for your B2200.

Perhaps you can canvass the availability and price of the spare parts that you will likely need before you dismantle your engine. That way you can be sure of its availability and the money you have to spend.

I also read in a forum somewhere that surplus B2200 engines go for only P18T somewhere in Pampanga.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ako naman same problem din ewan ko kung ipapaoverhaul ko or change engine. problema ko sa overhaul palpak 2 beses na ako nagpa ayos napalaki pa tuloy gastos ko palit dyan palit dun hala sige palit ayos just to restore daw in excellent running condition sige naman ako after 6 months pucha pumupugak na makina ko, hirap umakyat, kumakadyot ang dami pa oil leaks. siguro kung sigurado ka na magaling yan nag ooverhaul sa oto mo---siguro propesor ng mechanical engineering o automotive engineering go for it pero kung yun mga mga nakatapos lang ng vocational or less palpak talaga gawa ng mga yan. overhauling from what i have read is a very complicated procedure dapat lahat precise ultimo down to the last detail, the clearances should be right down to thousands of an inch measurement. sa change engine the only thing you need to do is to be sure na ok yun engine na makukuha mo check for signs of overheating, oil leaks, gasket problems, compression etc. dami sa internet check mo yun tips(search ka lang ) you may use measurement tools if allowed etc.. kaya ko naman nasabi change nalang kasi ganun kasi nangyari sa transmission ko nung una nasira then tanong ko sa mga mekaniko magkano abutin 15,000++ good thing may nakapagsabi sakin na kung papaayos ko daw trans ko malamang di maibalik ng maayos yun mga rotating gears sa loob so sira din dahil naexperience na ng frend ko yun. ginawa ko change trans nlang ako buti nalang yun trans na binigay sakin sariwa talaga as in binuksan lahat kita ko hangang sa pinakamaliit na washer at conditions ng mga gears. nagastos ko 7thousand so yun 4 yrs nato trans ko no problems naman think about it. ako nag cacanvass na ng engine...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Maraming salamat po... malakas naman umatak sasakyan ko and ang problem lang talaga is usok sa engine pag binuksan ang dipstick...brother ko din sabi bili nalang ako ng engine pag nasira kasi meron daw gayang engine na naka sasak sa owner type jeep and pinalitan nalang engine kasi wala daw mabili mga parts ng engine.. kung sigurung makaka kita ako ng same engine na sariwa I will get it nalang or change engine nalang me.
    Last edited by Rolandml; July 6th, 2004 at 10:39 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Magndang umaga po! pwe de bang makahingi ng advice?

ano ba yung blowby? how can you tell?

Would you suggest: an overhaul (isama na doon ang port/polish) calibration or injectors (if necessary); headers (and whole exhaust)and then isama na ang carbon clean and an intake upgrade?

***overkill ba yan? or will those be beneficial in the long run? (sa diesel ba, may noticeable increase ang power, pag nag-upgrade ng intake?) if those are not all necessary, what are the steps to take to get the best out of the engine and keep it at its optimum efficiency?

Maraming Salamat!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    If it was my vehicle and I intend to keep the vehicle for the next few years, overhaul ako. Except if I want to upgrade to a different engine. When you overhaul, you know that your engine will be as good as new.

We have done a lot of overhauls for our fleet of pick-ups and all turned oout well. Tip lang. Replace all the moving parts and use original parts as much as possible. I usually replace the cylinder lining/sleeve to bring the bore back to original specs. Get a good and reputable machine shop. Although a bit more expensive, you get quality work. Of course, get a good mechanic, one who is an expert on your brand of engine. It would help if you can get a service manual before you overhaul. That way, you'll know all the specs of your engine. Sa overhaul the saying "do it right the first time" really applies.

Expect overhauling to cost at least P30T, depending on the price of your spare parts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir rolandml,
    ako din b2200 ride ko . dami ko nagastos bago umayos ang forms and takbo, PM me for other details . . . to include engine problems

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is your engine eating up oil? Is there white smoke coming out from the rear?

The best way to check if you're already blowby is to have the car compression tested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Blowby engine