New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Good Day Fellow Tsikoteers...just wondering if it's ok to mix Magnatec SAE 10-40 with GTX 20-50, although parehong Castrol ito. Nanghihinayang kasi ako sa reserve kong 3/4 liter na 20-50. Due for change oil na ako this month and parang gusto ko na bumili nang 3 liters magnatec then idagdag ko na lang half liter ng GTX. Wala bang masamang epekto sa makina pag ginawa ko ito? Ang old reliable service ko ay Feroza 99 model.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    As long as it states in the bottle that it is compatible with other oils then it is okay to mix the two.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Thanks a lot BKR5...it is assuring to hear sound advice from knowledgeable and credible source.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minimal lang naman ang magagastos mo sa isang extra liter na magnatech eh. bumili ka na lang ng 1 gallon magnatech, huwag mo na ihalo magkaiba ang viscosity eh

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sabagay, P299 lang naman sa Ace hardware. Alternate ko na lang next year na palit ng oil. salamat ng marami sa reply!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's nothing... I mix different blends of synthetic and non-synthetic all the time... when I'm nearing the oil change and the oil gets a bit low, I sometimes top off with a different brand.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    an oil is an oil. as long as the indicated Sp. Gravity falls within the engine's spec, it is ok to mix them. it will still lubricate your engine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah but why do that? it's not like you will spend an arm and leg to buy 4 liters of same viscosity oil.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    follow up question, how long should we store the leftover oil before it can be considered as not suitable for use anymore?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i read somewhere that as long as moisture doesnt sets up into the oil, it will last. so the oil is as good as long as the container does not rot or fail....my two cents worth...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
blending of castrol oils with different grades