New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    Thanks for the How stuff works... actually appreciated it!

A friend of mine suspects that its my timing belt (which was mentioned in your link)... Im not really a mechanic so I just want it fix and the assurance that my car is reliable.

I do have to admit I have a heavy foot but my car is matic so it should not matter...

Nag ka mild stroke kotse ko (in my own layman's thoughts, will also give you an idea my age) and I guess it affected the valves...

Ang alam ko:
    1. car was still normal even when the warning light was on
    2. car went straight to casa, no other side trip
    3. Oil Level is normal
    4. No Overheat

Will give them time to isolate the problem... I just want to arm myself with some knowledge :-)

Thanks for all your inputs!
    ok, update us nalang. so that we can give you some advice too.

pero at 12,000km, it shouldn't be the timing belt nor the valves. they have an OBD scanner and you can ask them to give you the error codes so that you have an idea of what is wrong with your car.

BTW, what do you mean by "mild stroke"?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    just to document...

My car arrived last Friday and everything seems back to normal.

I still dont have the technical report from the "Plant" but I have the service or job order

replaced was:
    1. OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY (the whole set)
    2. SEAL PACKING

To access the oil pump assembly, they had to open the valve cover according to them.

I was charged with the motor oil 2K++

I think everything is fair... I still feel better off than a flooded car if thats any consolation... I do have experience with other brands... like fixing something they dont know how to fix... I dont like guesswork... at least with my personal experience, they took responsibility of warranty, no questions asked...

I still think Toyota is in my top 3 choices (though not anymore 1)

BTW - Oil Pump Malfunction is their reason for the warning light... they can not explain why it malfunctioned

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    just to document...

My car arrived last Friday and everything seems back to normal.

I still dont have the technical report from the "Plant" but I have the service or job order

replaced was:
    1. OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY (the whole set)
    2. SEAL PACKING

To access the oil pump assembly, they had to open the valve cover according to them.

I was charged with the motor oil 2K++

I think everything is fair... I still feel better off than a flooded car if thats any consolation... I do have experience with other brands... like fixing something they dont know how to fix... I dont like guesswork... at least with my personal experience, they took responsibility of warranty, no questions asked...

I still think Toyota is in my top 3 choices (though not anymore 1)

BTW - Oil Pump Malfunction is their reason for the warning light... they can not explain why it malfunctioned
    good to hear na ayos na. wala naman daw sludge nung pag open ng valve cover?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    good for you they fixed the car relatively free... i wonder how sure were they that the engine did not have internal damage on the cylinders due to oil starvation due to malfunctioning oil pump...

afaik the oil symbol in dash means the pressure of oil is not enough to properly lubricate and protect the engine from excessive friction. low oil level, too thick oil and oil restriction such as sludge would cause the oil symbol to turn on.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    For the camry... The warning is literally spelled out in the info display... I guess there was a sensor specific for the oil pressure... It actually avoids the sludge issue... And before anything major happens to car...

Personally... When the warning message was out... Car is very normal... Oil level... Overheat... All in normal levels.... I just hope there are no long term effects...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Planning to Buy a Prado Gas Variant. Meron po bang reported cases ng Sludging sa 1GR-FE engine ng Prado? Nag search ako sa internet pero so far wala pa ko nakita.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Black Sludge and Toyota/Lexus