New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    good day, does anybody tried to use bioactiv biodiesel on your diesel engine feedback naman po cause im planning to use it to save diesel fuel on my 2008adventure gls sports.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ford View Post
    good day, does anybody tried to use bioactiv biodiesel on your diesel engine feedback naman po cause im planning to use it to save diesel fuel on my 2008adventure gls sports.
    It really depends on the quality of the biodiesel you intend to use. Most bus companies use boidiesel without any ill effects to their engine and/or fuel injection system.

I have seen some injection pumps come to our workshop with major failures due to use of poor quality biodiesel. It is not enough that the engine runs well; there should also be no consequential damage to the fuel injection system as well.

Car dealer will not accept a warranty claim on a injection system which has failed due to bad fuel.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Been a user of this brand for about 2-3 years now with no adverse effects

I know of a few regular users who use and love the stuff.

Can't speak for other brands or some of the homebrews out there.

Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    With tighter emission control, the removal of sulfur from the diesel fuel today also results to the loss of its natural lubricity and other protective properties the consequence is early failure of the injection system and the diesel engine itself.

The oil companies claim that lubricity additive is pesent in their diesel fuels but fleet owners and farmers in the US which depend so much on their 'diesel machines' had already bad experiences and don't want to gamble so they personally add a lubricity additive to their diesel fuels.

According to U.S. or European studies, the addition of at least 1% biodiesel to diesel 2 and at least 2% biodiesel to diesel 1 passed the ASTM wear scar diameter (WSD) standard on injection system. Biodiesel posseses excellent natural lubricity property.

Take note however, that wear reduction is observed with non-distilled biodiesel, no significant improvement in WSD was observed with distilled biodiesel. So ingat as to what biodiesel are you using.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Here is the website of 'BIOACTV:

http://www.chemrez.com/BioActiv/Index.htm

I currently use 'Flying-V Biodiesel' I think my diesel performs best with it. Had also excellent experience with their unleaded gas.

bioactiv biodiesel