New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a CT20 TOYOTA, I bought it so i can study its dynamics yung nagaaral pa ako. I dont even know kung saan siyang engine naka mount.

Meron din akong 4AB1 VE pump, kaso was to scared to open it then fearing hindi ko mabalik ng tama and nga components. Balak ko sana donate sa school pero tuwang tuwa ako so I kept both.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; April 11th, 2008 at 07:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bro rion my tps was broken by my mechanic when he installed the engine. about
    my emission there is no visible smoke except from accelerating from standing still there is a little smoke. just would like to ask any of you guys what tachometer should i use with this engine and how do i wire it to the injection pump sensor?
    because i want to achieve 160kph and would want to know at what rpm could i achieve this because for now i could only achieve 140kph * unknown rpm but thats with a 235/45R17 rear wheels with 215/40R17 front tires from original 165SR13. thanx

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you know your transmission and final drive ratio then you can probably compute what RPM your engine should be running at any given speed. It would be ideal to make a blocking plate for the EGR piping, not just disabling it because it can be disabled in the open or closed position. While you're at it have the manifolds cleaned too.

TPS would help a lot for your injection pump to determine what the proper amount of fuel should be injected. Maybe you can even modify you IP to get larger plungers if you want to go that route.

I would imagine that a Toyota Lite Ace van would have a very low final drive ratio to achieve good acceleration so your RPM's at high speed would be really high and noisy too. On my diesel the final drive is 3.07 and at 100mph/160kph the RPM is around 4,600. At 110mph/180kph it's around 4,800RPM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zed2d View Post
    thanx sa mga reply ninyo mga sirs. by the way yung intake ko pala i modified na ang airbox chinange ko from the oiriginal to a isuzu elf airbox plus large pvc pipings. and i added an intercooler from a isuzu trooper. and lastly my exhaust is already turbo back free flow 2" diam pipies. And i've already adjusted the full load adjustment screw in my injection pump to its fullest. sir rion how much pala yung ct12 na turbo? and what boost controller should i get for this type of turbo?
    ey tol, I think you should try a 2.25" or 2.50" turbo back exhaust. since ang 2" is like "stock" and medyo restricted pa din.

anywayz, as for a Boost Controller, just get a Manual Boost controller. either from Hallman, Turbo-XS, Perrin, etc.. OR you can shim the Wastegate but before that though, make sure na may accurate na Boost Gauge ka (either from Autometer or VDO.. both brands are pretty inexpensive)

aite, peace.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    140kph with 17" mags is good enough considering your didn't have it hook with the computer box.

a normal full govenor (which 3x 12' oclock turns) would have you pull on the edge of your seat even on half throttle. I have done this myself on our 3ct a/t without mods pa yun. but the smoke is hard to disregard and the mileage is bad.

3ct pumps are tacho hook-able, but finding a electrician that can hook it could be hard. if they cannot do it, hook it in the alternator.

and yes, I meant block the EGR. as mbeige was saying...

photo courtesy of Alwayz Yummy's 2ct, similar to a 3ct.

will help eleminate lag due to the space allocated for the egr pipe. and no more inhaling back it's utot.

I have no idea if this will help you, a friend from uk sent me this photo to help me install back the right 3ct pipelines.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bro rion talking anout wiring the tachometer to the alternator how do u do that? and what kind of tachometer is that so i will just D.I.Y. it. And just would want to know what is the fastest speed you've drove your liteace?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wala ba abang sa transmission?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sorry bro, I would like to know myself how to connect the tacho on the alternator. sa loob kasi nag-ta-tap ng alternator ang mga electrician. I hear autogauge for diesel will do.

I would like to know myself the top speed of the ride. but I had a car accident 6 months after I learned to drive. my driving foundations today is based on fear. kaya hangang 115kph lang kaya ng puso ko.

Alwayz Yummy was able to get 140kph with his stock 2CT 4x4 automatic tranny liteace though...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sirs. I am planning to change the engine of my dad's Tamaraw FX with a 3C engine. I'm a total noob at engines and mods. Mahilig lang ako magbasa ng mags at manuod ng Discovery Turbo :D

Anyway, as a gift for my dad, papalitan ko ng makina un FX nya. May sentimental value kase sa kanya yun.

Do you have any advices as to what the best engine is to buy as replacement? May nag-recommend na 3C and it's worth around 45k. Sulit na ba to?

Ang objective ko is to have that FX restored like new and change the engine. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Best turbo upgrade for toyota 3c engine