The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr...
    with all due respect,
    do you have numbers?
    without numbers kasi, baka placebo effect lang.
    Fuel consumption ko before consistent 6.9 to 7.2km/L, at average 18km/h. Ngayon di bumababa nasa 7.5 to 7.7km/L, same average 18km/h. It is worth noting that I also replaced the 1 year old air filter though. Medyo marumi na, hindi na lumulusot ang ilaw.

Yung singaw ng engine bay, wala ako nung thermometer na baril eh. But I always open the engine bay after a long hard drive since there a few ecoboost owners who seem to have coolant loss due to the engine block cracking supposedly because of heatsoak. It’s usually uncomfortably hot but now the heat emanating from it is quite tolerable. But as you said, baka placebo effect lang nga since I really can’t provide any numbers when it comes to engine temperature. But the fuel consumption is a real noticeable improvement though.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Heat is more a function of the cooling system not lubrication.
    Yun nga rin naisip ko but it’s there. I didn’t touch the cooling system. Yun lang ginawa ko. The engine bay feels less hot when opened. Placebo effect or maybe timing lang? Possible. But that’s just something I personally felt and noticed. I really was expecting it na sumingaw ng sobrang init tulad ng dati since as far as I know, wala naman kinalaman ang oil sa pag cool ng engines.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Yun nga rin naisip ko but it’s there. I didn’t touch the cooling system. Yun lang ginawa ko. The engine bay feels less hot when opened. Placebo effect or maybe timing lang? Possible. But that’s just something I personally felt and noticed. I really was expecting it na sumingaw ng sobrang init tulad ng dati since as far as I know, wala naman kinalaman ang oil sa pag cool ng engines.
    Actually nakakatulong ang good engine oil sa lesser heat generation pero hindi solely nakasalalay doon, a good engine oil makes engine parts cause less friction with each other, when there is less friction then less heat generation then also you got to consider if the lesser friction then the engine would operate more smoothly with exerting too much gas/diesel being injected sa kada cylinder, overall the vehicle will operate a lot more smoothly.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Thanks. Akala ko kasi Aisin, related to Toyota or something. I’ll just stick with Bosch or Wix then.
    Aisin is related to Toyota pero the aftermarket products are not the same with Toyota anymore, they decided to outsourced almost everything for the aftermarket. First of all Aisin doesn't even produce lubricants and filters, the "Aisin aftermarket" is a different division na as they are solely doing aftermarket products by trying to outsourced their products from different China factories then packing it under the Aisin brand name. The clutch disc and pressure plate are the only products for the aftermarket that are being produced by Aisin's own factories, the rest of the aftermarket products are outsourced even the brake pads.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    During Engine testing & validation they use their recommended oils ...fulll power testing ...yes pls.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Aisin is related to Toyota pero the aftermarket products are not the same with Toyota anymore, they decided to outsourced almost everything for the aftermarket. First of all Aisin doesn't even produce lubricants and filters, the "Aisin aftermarket" is a different division na as they are solely doing aftermarket products by trying to outsourced their products from different China factories then packing it under the Aisin brand name. The clutch disc and pressure plate are the only products for the aftermarket that are being produced by Aisin's own factories, the rest of the aftermarket products are outsourced even the brake pads.
    in the case of aisin-advics may feedback na sila mula sa ibang SEA countries?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    May mga alam ako kung sino ang authorized dealers ng JS Asakashi filters sa Lazada and Shopee.
    Kapag bumili kayo sa mga link below for sure 100% original kasi naverify ko na sila sa JS Asakashi official distributor, for sure I can assure you 100% from the shops below.

Ito ang mga alam ko authorized dealers ng JS Asakashi:
    Shop at F2 Auto Parts | lazada.com.ph
    Shop at ROADSIDE | lazada.com.ph
    Shop at Hobbies N' Stuff | lazada.com.ph

The rest hindi pa naverify ng distributor ng JS Asakashi.
    Nag message ako sa FB ng Hesler. Add ko na din AG Auto piyeza, Ideal Automotive Components sa lazada. Authorized dealer ng Wix and Js filters.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    im looking for an alternative oil filter and im choosing between baldwin, wix and js asakashi.

car is 1997 honda civic. currently installed is vic 809.

sa lazada ako tumitingin.
    baldwin 1402 is at 400+.
    js c809j ranges from 180 to 300.
    wix i have no idea anong compatible sa oto ko. anyone?

if ever i'll go with JS if wala ako mahanap na wix counterpart.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiro View Post
    im looking for an alternative oil filter and im choosing between baldwin, wix and js asakashi.

car is 1997 honda civic. currently installed is vic 809.

sa lazada ako tumitingin.
    baldwin 1402 is at 400+.
    js c809j ranges from 180 to 300.
    wix i have no idea anong compatible sa oto ko. anyone?

if ever i'll go with JS if wala ako mahanap na wix counterpart.
    Baldwin, wix or Purolator if may mahanap ka. Amsoil and Mobil filters baka meron din.

Bosch then Vic next level down.

Sakura at JS naman if wala pa din talaga.

For oil go with the recommended viscosity and API rating. Synthetic if matagalan palit like me na 1yr or if 6months or less or 5K whichever is earlier eh pwede na mineral oil para cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N960F/DS using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    basic yan B1402. Mahal kung 400+

punta ka sa araneta avenue yung sa guirayan street meron doon nagbebenta baldwin at fleetguard (cummins)

Meron yung ginagamit nya sa heavy duty eh ginagamit sa BRZ at yung pinsan nya naka toyota 86. Same fit din sa honda civic kasi dati ganyan kotse ko vti

Nalimutan ko yung code pero puntahan mo. May advertisement yun sa carousell

Best Oil/Fuel Filters