New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 111 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1161
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    reference pic from wix website:

this is the one i have:

looks exactly the same. the 3/4 stamp, the crimps, even the bypass valve looks the same as the cut open ones on youtube

this is probably genuine

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    reference pic from wix website:

this is the one i have:

looks exactly the same. the 3/4 stamp, the crimps, even the bypass valve looks the same as the cut open ones on youtube

this is probably genuine
    where did you buy your wix oil filter bro?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    where did you buy your wix oil filter bro?

https://shopee.ph/berlandtan

p145 each. i took all 4 remaining stock hehe. can't find WL7119 (poland) anymore. sellers are suggesting a new part number that's made in china. if you look up suzuki jimny in the wix europe site the WL7119 is the one that comes up

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hand-crafted. lol

Those pleats..... yeah, count 'em! Anybody can do so even on a low-res monitor.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I am considering using a taller oil filter for better particle-carrying capacity. Since Wix XP filters costs an arm and a leg, I thought of trying out Baldwin.

To add, Wix filters for SEA countries are now made in India by Mann+Hummel and watching that video made me question the authenticity of the Wix filter I already bought a month ago. On impulse, I bought a 2nd replacement filter from Baldwin. Anyway, it turned out to be authentic after careful research. It looks exactly like the stock picture on their website... shape, texture and all.

Wix WL7172 - The filter I've been using for years. Made in Poland. But only available while supplies last.
    Wix WL7570 - The new replacement part for WL7172. Made in India

I'm thinking of replacing it with a Baldwin B243 (high-capacity version of the BT223). Made in the USA (or so it says).

Good decision?

Last edited by oj88; December 17th, 2022 at 01:44 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Bro oj88, sino trusted online seller mo ng baldwin?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SRGuy View Post
    Bro oj88, sino trusted online seller mo ng baldwin?
    I wouldn't say "trusted". First time buying from this shop and I just based it on the number of items sold and positive reviews.

Baldwin B243 Heavy Duty Oil Filter for Toyota Fortuner, Innova, Hiace, Hilux, Revo; Ford Escape; Mazda CX-7; Nissan Sentra, Cefiro

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I wouldn't say "trusted". First time buying from this shop and I just based it on the number of items sold and positive reviews.

Baldwin B243 Heavy Duty Oil Filter for Toyota Fortuner, Innova, Hiace, Hilux, Revo; Ford Escape; Mazda CX-7; Nissan Sentra, Cefiro
    Thanks bro.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    if it's ok to use non-oem engine oil filters on our vehicles, does it follow that using replacement atf transmission filters would pose no problems too?
    i just opted to get the real deal from the casa. iyong mga non-oem pala na nabibili sa labas walang bypass feature na pwede mag cause ng atf starvation sa tranny in the event na super dumi na iyong filter.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^May bypass valve mga aftermarket kaya dapat alam mo din ang pressure setting ng OEM para match sa replacement. Usually 8 PSI sa small engines.

Kung frequent oil change o no plans to extend oil use, pwede na regular equivalent filters. Waste of money kung upgrade to bigger filters then every 5k kms or 6months ang palit. Applicable siguro yang bigger FF upgrade sa 1yr/10k kms oil change interval.

Best Oil/Fuel Filters