New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 117 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    By the way guys I found videos of air filters on Youtube, they tested the filtration capabilities of K&N, BMG, WIX, Purolator and etc... and the myths of K&N, BMG and other washable filters have been finally debunked. Here are the testing videos about O.E. vs. washable performance filters.

The tests shows that bigger micron flour, sand and iron dusts can pass through more on the washable performance filters with the oil applied on them than standard O.E. type filters. What more for the smaller sized particles like fine particles from electric powerplants, factories, cement dusts, brake dusts and etc... it will wear the engine faster than its normal life.

1st video by Project Farm
    Which Car Air Filter is Best? Let's find out! Fram, K&N, Wix, Purolator, & AC Delco showdown - YouTube

2nd video by bhvrdr
    Do performance air filters like BMC, K&N, Sprint let more sand and dust than OEM and is it worth it? - YouTube

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by waldnerdoe View Post
    Hi, just an info on js asakashi oil filter. I used c-0076 for my mux and the result was that the ADBV was not working. So pls. Be careful
    How were you able to determine that the ADBV is not working? How did you test it? Since the oil filter is installed either vertically or horizontally depending on the model.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    K&N filters checked by Master Garage PH, apparently sand and other much smaller particles are going through K&N's air filter even with oil applied from K&N recharger.

Gen 3 Montero Air filter? todas!! - Master Garage - Cavite

4. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    By the way guys I found videos of air filters on Youtube, they tested the filtration capabilities of K&N, BMG, WIX, Purolator and etc... and the myths of K&N, BMG and other washable filters have been finally debunked. Here are the testing videos about O.E. vs. washable performance filters.

The tests shows that bigger micron flour, sand and iron dusts can pass through more on the washable performance filters with the oil applied on them than standard O.E. type filters. What more for the smaller sized particles like fine particles from electric powerplants, factories, cement dusts, brake dusts and etc... it will wear the engine faster than its normal life.

1st video by Project Farm
    Which Car Air Filter is Best? Let's find out! Fram, K&N, Wix, Purolator, & AC Delco showdown - YouTube

2nd video by bhvrdr
    Do performance air filters like BMC, K&N, Sprint let more sand and dust than OEM and is it worth it? - YouTube
    Wix air filter outperformed the rest when it comes to filtering out tiny particles I'm impressed. Currently im using Bosch air filter and would like to try cheaper brand like JGC, Filter Pro, JS etc.... but after watching this video im going back with Bosch or probably a Wix if it is available.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    oo nga, paano mo nalaman na hindi gumagana? tsaka hindi designed yan to hold back the oil same as a one-way valve..
    An adbv is designed to hold the oil. It is a one way valve. Pls. Check the purpose of an adbv in the net.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    How were you able to determine that the ADBV is not working? How did you test it? Since the oil filter is installed either vertically or horizontally depending on the model.
    Mine is horizontally installed. I put an oil about 100 ml to the filter then placed horizontally to the ground and the oil dripping out from the holes. That should not be the case if the adbv is working.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Mine is horizontally installed. I put an oil about 100 ml to the filter then placed horizontally to the ground and the oil dripping out from the holes. That should not be the case if the adbv is working.
    Sir do you have any videos to show that it is not working? I'm very puzzled since the official distributor of VIC filters Japan is now handling JS Asakashi filters as well, so it's kinda strange na why would the official distributor of VIC handles JS if it is a bad quality filter. Also JS is not only being sold in the Philippines they are also popular in Singapore, Australia, Bangladesh, Russia and etc...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Sir is it possible you might have encountered a defective unit? Or are you sure it was placed horizontally or vertically to the ground as same angle it is installed in the specific vehicle? Or the oil filter was placed diagonally which has potential to make the oil slide from the sides of the adbv.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    ang laki pala nun wix di kasya yun oil filter wrench ko Best Oil/Fuel Filters

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    ang laki pala nun wix di kasya yun oil filter wrench ko Best Oil/Fuel Filters

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Which particular wix filter? I bought wix filter also c-809 but havent replaced it yet.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Best Oil/Fuel Filters