New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 117 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sa oil and fuel filter, original OEM ang gamit para sure. Sa air filter mga China generic.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Sa oil and fuel filter, original OEM ang gamit para sure. Sa air filter mga China generic.
    Generally YES, but there's a caveat you need to follow casa PM interval instructions. As previously discussed here in TSIKOT most OEM oil/fuel filters are just soso in performance compared to those Top tier filters. If you're into extended oil draining aka CBM type of maintaining your engine then the OEM are not advisable.

As for the Air Filter, yes the China Generics can be used but not advisable for new Diesel/Gas engine with Turbo. There is high probability that air filter element could collapse and worst ingested in the turbo which will be a big money damage consequence.

My practice on old and new cars, I use the top tier oil filters and do an annual oil change for the ave. used cars, for my garage gas engine cars, i extended it even up to 24months oil change interval. For the fuel filters for crdi engine I used the 15-20K km interval
    For the Air I still use the OEM but quarterly/air blow backwash sa suking talyer.
    For the Aircon filter yan ang OEM china...sometimes I even used the cut blue filtrate from ACE hardware

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Generally YES, but there's a caveat you need to follow casa PM interval instructions. As previously discussed here in TSIKOT most OEM oil/fuel filters are just soso in performance compared to those Top tier filters. e

which oem oil filters are soso? i sort of missed this...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Generally YES, but there's a caveat you need to follow casa PM interval instructions. As previously discussed here in TSIKOT most OEM oil/fuel filters are just soso in performance compared to those Top tier filters. If you're into extended oil draining aka CBM type of maintaining your engine then the OEM are not advisable.

As for the Air Filter, yes the China Generics can be used but not advisable for new Diesel/Gas engine with Turbo. There is high probability that air filter element could collapse and worst ingested in the turbo which will be a big money damage consequence.

My practice on old and new cars, I use the top tier oil filters and do an annual oil change for the ave. used cars, for my garage gas engine cars, i extended it even up to 24months oil change interval. For the fuel filters for crdi engine I used the 15-20K km interval
    For the Air I still use the OEM but quarterly/air blow backwash sa suking talyer.
    For the Aircon filter yan ang OEM china...sometimes I even used the cut blue filtrate from ACE hardware
    Just for your information WIX has aircon cabin filters in the Philippines, they are just priced from 350~800 petot. They offer more protection as they have MICROBAN included in their cabin filters which is also being used by Mann+Hummel. A good quality and reputable cabin filter is not the filter to be cheap with as this is the filter that filters those asebestos cancer causing brakes which are used by jeepneys, taxis, buses and trucks, the aircon filter also filters out bacteria, viruses, moulds, pollen and other contaminants that you might breathe in when you use China generic cabin filters. There are alot of toxic gases and emissions you can't not see by your naked eye nor smell with you nose.

Lalo na mga PM2.5 matter or other words particulate matter(fine particles) 2.5 micrometre in size
    Particulate Matter: 1. What is Particulate Matter (PM)?.

They can cause serious health hazards when inhaled in volumes. Lalo na Philippines is a Diesel loving market. Diesel fumes are highly toxic/hazardous to biological living things humans and animals.

You should never cheap out on aircon cabin filters, those were developed with many layers and technologies to keep out alot of contaminants compared sa engine air filter because car manufacturers know that the air we breathe is already very very polluted lalo na sa Philippines kasi we heavily rely on coal burning for our electricity which in turn produces a lot of PM2.5 fine dust that can damage our lungs. That is why late models ng 2005 pataas may aircon cabin filters na whether American, European, Japanese, S. Korean and even China car brands.

Again my advice never cheap out on aircon cabin filters the materials used in aircon cabin filters are far different from engine intake air filters.

Aircon cabin filters bacteria, viruses, moulds, pollen, dusts, asbestos & other hazardous particles to human beings.
    Engine air intake filters only filters out dusts and other contaminants that might damage your engine.

Also take note if you are using a high quality oil and fuel filter yet you are using a low quality generic engine air filter then it is also useless as maganda nga sala/filtration ng engine oil and fuel(petrol or gasoline) mo galing sa oil and fuel tank pero ang dumi & other contaminants naman pumapasok or nag papass through sa engine air filter mo then ang contaminants na dapat iniiwasan ng engine mo ay papasok parin sa air intake mo then mag mimix siya sa engine piston chambers then mas mabilis magasgas, malaspag or mapudpod ang engine components mo like piston assembly, piston ring, cylinder liner, connecting rod bearing & etc... kasi yung mga dusts and contaminants masasama sa friction ng engine parts dahil nahahalo sa engine oil.

You are protecting your engine by trying to look for high quality air filters pero pag dating sa kalusugan ng katawan mo and pasahero mo you are willing to sacrifice and risk sa China generic aircon cabin filter.

A car/vehicle is useless if the owner and his/her family is going to get sick from prolong exposure to toxic exhaust and chemicals in the air.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^Nobody is using the car with open vents, its always on re-circulate mode, heck even some newer cars don't have cabin filters(at the expense of accelerated corrosion of evap alum fins due to dirt/moisture buildup.

Partially agree on the engine air filter. Its still best to replace them as frequently as possible esp on severe polluted/dusty environments. As long as it seals well and the build quality material does not disintegrate when the engine starts sucking air, then it should not matter if its orig or replacement. Paper filters are the best & cheapest out there.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Nobody is using the car with open vents, its always on re-circulate mode, heck even some newer cars don't have cabin filters(at the expense of accelerated corrosion of evap alum fins due to dirt/moisture buildup.

Partially agree on the engine air filter. Its still best to replace them as frequently as possible esp on severe polluted/dusty environments. As long as it seals well and the build quality material does not disintegrate when the engine starts sucking air, then it should not matter if its orig or replacement. Paper filters are the best & cheapest out there.
    Every time you open the door whether in a gasoline station, parking and etc... where the heavy pollution is concentrated enters your vehicle, even when you open the windows. The cabin filter cleans the cabin out for any contaminants or pollutants that may have entered your vehicle, always remember that the vehicle is not 100% sealed off from the inside, there are a lot of spaces where fumes and etc... can enter the vehicle.

Air filter build quality at 1st glance can be viewed by the naked eye, but can you see the filter media's fibers if how dense it is inside like microscopically? Where the dirt, dust and etc... which your naked eye could not see. Only a microscope can view the media fibers inside an air and cabin filters.

filter-viewede-microscopic-lense.jpg

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Every time you open the door whether in a gasoline station, parking and etc... where the heavy pollution is concentrated enters your vehicle, even when you open the windows. The cabin filter cleans the cabin out for any contaminants or pollutants that may have entered your vehicle, always remember that the vehicle is not 100% sealed off from the inside, there are a lot of spaces where fumes and etc... can enter the vehicle.

Air filter build quality at 1st glance can be viewed by the naked eye, but can you see the filter media's fibers if how dense it is inside like microscopically? Where the dirt, dust and etc... which your naked eye could not see. Only a microscope can view the media fibers inside an air and cabin filters.

Your username should be JapanABC_Filter-Bible

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post

You should be using hepa filter then, those with carbon activation and ionizer.

iL pass with being meticulous on cabin filters as my environment is not so polluted. Il just replace them once a year with the cheapest i could find.

I bet one could die first from inhaling the accumulated carbon dioxide from own breathing because of not opening the car than the toxins from opening the windows in the gas station.

Also being so much air-clean could weaken the immune system from allergens.

I'm wearing surgical mask anyway while driving, its the new normal ih.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I might be cheaping out on aircon filter but, even the best filter it still cannot filter out that cancer causing particulates in polluted city. The car aircon blower will greatly reduce its air flow if you put a HEPA type filter on them, then you will open the window as the AC will not cool you enough.

From the long discussion of oil filter here in Tsikot I have read via another link of some website testing the known OEM brand and it shows there the OEM are mediocre compared to the Top Tier Filters. Don't have the luxury of time to fully back read, but I somehow believe on it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ano ba ang notable brands ng cabin filter na not china made?

Best Oil/Fuel Filters