New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    This is primarily for reference purposes especially for those who will opt to have their MUx serviced outside casa.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    For engine oil it should be 5w30. Same with chevrolet trailblazer.

Never use 10w40 or 15w40 for these two model.

Para sa oil filter the best is baldwin and some fleetguard (depends if "product of usa or made in usa/asia/europe)

If you dont have any choice just go to thunder banawe.

vic and bosch are cheap/poor replacement filters.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The recommended oil and other consumables are in the owners manual. Them intervals are also there. I suggest your read the manual to further your understanding of your vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    * StockEngine: Yes sir, the manual in fact specified oil brands and corresponding SAE ranges that can be used. But there was no mention of fully synthetic engine oils that are of CJ-4 classification. The MUx only requires CF grade oils (as per under the hood) but if one opts to have their MUXs serviced outside casa which is cheaper and thus goes for fully synthetic oils, will use of CJ-4 oils be detrimental to the engine? Of course it can be a waste of money since the MUX does not have a DPF, but will CJ-4 oils be too much of a good thing?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    5w30 CI-4 rated oil should be more than enough protection for the mu-x, sir.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Most mineral oil with proper api diesel classifications will work.

If you want extra protection of course use rubber...jokes aside... by all means pwede naman fully synthetic.

Shell Helix Utra diesel oils or Rotella/Rimula fs are excellent.
    Zic x9
    Caltex Edge
    Mobil1 or Delvac1

The above list are some of the highend oils.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    30 weight seems too thin for diesels in our climate. Also remember these are modern diesels with multiple fuel injections per cylinder per cycle. Fuel dilution could be a factor earlier in the life of the oil. By the time you change your oil your 30 weight might have sheared to a 20 weight oil. Not so sure that's safe for a diesel. No doubt 30 weight will give you better fuel economy and maybe all around performance, but you might have to change your oil much earlier than if a 40 weight oil were used.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I think 5w40 or 10w40 will be the best choice.para sakin too thick ang 15w40 mas matagal magflow yung oil eh sa start up mo kailangan ng agad agad na daloy ng oil kasi 75% of engine wear ay nangyayari sa start up

Sent from my E6853 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cliford27 View Post
    I think 5w40 or 10w40 will be the best choice.para sakin too thick ang 15w40 mas matagal magflow yung oil eh sa start up mo kailangan ng agad agad na daloy ng oil kasi 75% of engine wear ay nangyayari sa start up

Sent from my E6853 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    +1 totally on this sir. Yun din ang main concern ko as to why I started this thread. The oil being used by the casa, Isuzu Multi Z, is rated SAE 10W-30. Might not be good enough with the lifestyle of my car. Daily short trip of 3Km to work with only 3-4 minutes of travel. Di pa halos tumataas engine temp tapos na ang biyahe.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    I used 5w40 Shell Helix Ultra Diesel FS on my accent diesel, and 5w40 Petron Rev-X All Terrain on my dad's Toyota Fort. No issues encountered so far, satisfied with the performance.

I guess these oils will do on your MU-X.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast