New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    anu nga pala ride mo MB100 diba?uyy bangbus yan!
    hehe!

oo bad yun, pero gusto ko yung luwag ng MB 100 over most japanese local vans... sa likod batterya mo, diba?

ung pinaka malaking masasaksak mo siguro nga is 3sm, alternator na ang magdadala nyan...lalo na kung balak mo mag upgrade ng ICE(In-Car Entertaiment)

maxima ko ganun ginawa ko, 90ah(min)-120ah(max) na bosch alternator, kahit full load (a/c fog,high beam, wipers, hazard, interior, etc) at *boom-boom sounds walang palya sa start at di lumabo ang mga ilaw at tv/monitor... kaya pa nga mag karga ng isa pang batterya,e...

either ipon ka ng calcium battery and a bigger capacity alternator.. kasi pag natakbo na ang makina, alternator na ang nagsusuply ng kuryente di na ang batterya...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Motolite 3SM green. No maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Nakakainis.... I've been having trouble for the past few days with my 10-month old Motolite Gold battery --the one in the Sedona. When I turn the ignition for the first time in the morning, nothing happens. When I try starting it again, it starts without a problem. Malapit na kaya bumigay ang battery na ito? Is there a way of checking its remaining voltage or something to know for certain if it's about to fail?
    baka po may maluwag lang (sa positive ng starter cable) or grounding...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i've been told by my battery dealer that the best-economical batttery for diesel engine for now is the GS Brand it is made in japan it's price is at par with motolite gold. he also emphasized that motolite uses recycled lead while GS on the other hand uses virgin lead. for diesel engine usually it's a 3SM

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    turns out maintenance free shouldn't be totally hands off. i brought my out of warranty 3sm outlast battery to their main office and they opened it to put more water. the levels do go down a bit in spite of the seals. they recommended an annual check up.

but the big disappointment was that the price of the same battery i bought in 2005 from P3,600 is now priced P6,000. can people post prices of other batteries?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    bro jv2g:

I doubt that the GS brand that you had mentioned is made in Japan!!judjing by their packaging, I'm 99% sure na made in Thailand yun GS brand. nasubukan ko na yun sa Lancer itlog A/T ko, hindi umabot ng 15 months, dead na yun battery, gamit ko ngayon is Motolite excel, still going strong after 2 and a half years.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    What about AC Delco?

Is that a good brand?

I remember that we used one of those to replace a Korean battery in my Dad's MB and it lasted quite long.

Optimas are also good but expensive.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Oops.

Sorry about this.

Double Post
    Last edited by HardCharger; October 9th, 2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Double Post

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I bought Outlast 3SM before my motolite green. The outlast had a 24 month warranty. It died on the 20th month. Brought it to oulast and they lent me a piece of crap used 3sm truck service battery - the ones with a cap. Followed them up over the next couple of weeks and they said they were testing the unit. I waited, followed up, and waited. On the 24th month, they told me that they wouldnt replace it anymore because it was out of warranty.
    I surrendered it on the 20th month and they dilly dallied and came up with an excuse not to replace it.

Outlast is a piece of crap. They have no money to back up their claims and guarantees.

Motolite forever. They go beyond the warranted periods.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Battery for Diesel Engines