New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i have a 1993 corolla xe. i noticed that ever since i started using caltex fuels - silver & gold, the tips (where the hoses are attached) of the fuel filter (plastic type) seem to have fuel seeping out. i'm not sure if it has happened before but it is more obvious because caltex fuels leave a stain (SILVER - green & GOLD - red). i dont know if it is a sign that there is something wrong with other components of the engine. fyi, my car was a victim of ondoy, my fuel filter is still original though i've changed my fuel filter a few times since 2009. can anyone advise me if i need to do something? thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dod View Post
    i have a 1993 corolla xe. i noticed that ever since i started using caltex fuels - silver & gold, the tips (where the hoses are attached) of the fuel filter (plastic type) seem to have fuel seeping out. i'm not sure if it has happened before but it is more obvious because caltex fuels leave a stain (SILVER - green & GOLD - red). i dont know if it is a sign that there is something wrong with other components of the engine. fyi, my car was a victim of ondoy, my fuel filter is still original though i've changed my fuel filter a few times since 2009. can anyone advise me if i need to do something? thanks

obviously you have a carbureted engine. newer clear plastic fuel filters have three horns sticking out of it. one inlet from the fuel tank, one outlet to the carburetor and one return line for the excess fuel back to the fuel tank. the colors (stain) do not mean anything unless it is of rust. the fuel distillers usually add coloring to the fuel for identification. if the car is not starving for fuel, lacking power, difficult to start or does not have driveability problems, do not worry about it

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks... just wanted to get an opinion...was afraid it might lead to bigger problems

backflow of gasoline at fuel filter of corolla 2e, could this a problem?