New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    ako Motul full synthetic its really good hehehe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For Diesel (esp CRDi), Motul CRDi Specific. Ganda lang talaga ng performance. Pero sa Trooper, Petron Rev-X All Terrain.

For Gasoline, Shell Helix Ultra. Try ko naman yung Motul H-Tech.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    where can i buy motul oils?

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aijie28 View Post
    I believe I saw some Htech at Ace Hardware lately.

I tried using PTT semi syn oil specifically for LPG for my lpg car. So far so good. My brother's Altis is also using this oil but his is not converted to lpg. According to my uncle who has a few Altis taxis in his fleet, since they started using this oil, there has been no sludging issues on their cars. I haven't seen these oil in the market since they only cater to taxi fleets. Recommended interval is 15k kms but I plan to have a change oil in 5k kms using the same oil since my oil is already dirty.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aijie28 View Post

I believe reepicheep(?) sells motul oils.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mobil 15w-40 for me. Used to use castrol, but since I changed to Mobil, mas naging smooth ang takbo

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sa isuzu ko castrol crb 15w-40,

sa mitsu dati mobil delvac mx 15w-40 not as smooth as I expected. So I switched to castrol magnatec 10w-40. Ayos! :bounce1:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I did a little research sa internet at ito ang nakita ko:
    http://www.performanceoilnews.com/oi...nst_oils.shtml

Sa isang pag-aaral ng Performancd Oils noong 1998 ang mga langis ay nilagay sa isang 5 liter dynamoter at kinumpara ang pagbago ng: "[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]whether any of the oils would improve horsepower; whether any of the products would lose viscosity; evaluate (the) ability (or lack thereof) to prematurely wear components or suffer from discoloration. As it turned out, discoloration didn't prove to be a factor."

Ang rank pagkatapos ng pag-aaral:
    #1 AMSOIL
    #2 BP Visco 5000
    #3 Mobil 1 5W-50
    #4 Mobil 1 0W-40
    #5 Hi-tec HTO
    #6 Shell Helix Ultra
    #7 Royal Purple Oil
    #8 Castrol R
    #9 Castrol SLX
    #10 Torco

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eikichi View Post
    I believe I saw some Htech at Ace Hardware lately.

I tried using PTT semi syn oil specifically for LPG for my lpg car. So far so good. My brother's Altis is also using this oil but his is not converted to lpg. According to my uncle who has a few Altis taxis in his fleet, since they started using this oil, there has been no sludging issues on their cars. I haven't seen these oil in the market since they only cater to taxi fleets. Recommended interval is 15k kms but I plan to have a change oil in 5k kms using the same oil since my oil is already dirty.
    *Eikichi, you can use any engine oil with a rating of API SM or ILSAC GF-4, but same viscosity grade as per your engine manual. These markings are usually found at the the back label. It is the usual misconception that darker oils are "dirty", but since the engine oil passes through the engine filter (at micrometers size pa), these are not sludge forming. The darker color just indicate that the oil is oxidized a little bit. Of course all engine oils have antioxidant additives added and depletion of these additives depends on how you subject your engine to. Under normal conditions fully synthetic engine oils do not form sludge (unless you have a blown piston shaft).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    API SM oil is designed for newer classs of low emission petrol engines fitted with catalytic converter. Because of its mandated EPA inspired lowered level of ZDDP [SIZE=2](Zinc Dialkyl Dithio Phosphate[/SIZE][SIZE=2])[/SIZE] it may provide an inferior level of protection for older engines (a lot of reported damaged engines already).

This trend also goes with API CJ-4 vs older Diesel engine lubes.

It will be safer to stick with API SL or API CH-4, API CI-4, API-CI-4+ if you have older petrol or diesel engines. Consult your car manual if API SM is specified.

API CF is rendered obsolete in the latest API classification for diesel engine oils.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
automotive engine oils: whats your pick?