New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    good day to all.

I'm glad to have this site visited where I can get know-how as I am more a D-I-Y guy as far as my car is concerned. My car is an old automatic Nissan Sentra 1991 and I have a question regarding the drop in my RPM when in idle. I noticed that my rpm falls to almost 500 (from 1000) when I release my gas pedal creating a choking effect turning off of my engine ( in the middle of the road and there's a queue of cars behind me). My problem started when I tried to adjust my rpm. When I experienced an engine stalling. I returned it to the old rpm but to no avail-my car still stalled. .Anyone who can help me?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello po at welcome to tsikot!!!

Nangyari po iyan after nyo i-adjust yung idling pataas or pababa?? Anyway yung choking effect parang kulang sa gas???

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    yup, pababa po yung adjustment ko. Ibinalik ko sa dati but to no avail, ganun pa rin.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    have your carburator checked. usually on automatic transmission cars there is a step up switch/ actuator that automatically increases the rpm when you ingage the transmission. like the AC. when you turn it on tataas ang rpm. This actuator would ether be electric or using a vacume switch.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by aino0272
    good day to all.

I'm glad to have this site visited where I can get know-how as I am more a D-I-Y guy as far as my car is concerned. My car is an old automatic Nissan Sentra 1991 and I have a question regarding the drop in my RPM when in idle. I noticed that my rpm falls to almost 500 (from 1000) when I release my gas pedal creating a choking effect turning off of my engine ( in the middle of the road and there's a queue of cars behind me). My problem started when I tried to adjust my rpm. When I experienced an engine stalling. I returned it to the old rpm but to no avail-my car still stalled. .Anyone who can help me?
    I used to own a Sentra 1992 ECCS. I hope its the same model as your's.

Anyway, check the air flow meter/sensor. There is a wire plugged into it. The plug's contacts have gotten dirty and would need some cleaning. To remove the plug, you have to pry off the metal clip that secures it in place. Once you have removed the plug, try spraying the contact areas with contact cleaner or with a piece of fine sand paper. Put back the plug and start the engine to check if you have found the source of your problem.

For a more permanent fix, try visiting www.nissanbayan.com.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ghost hunter, thanks for your referral.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ghosthunter ... what about the lancer GLXI matic ... do you have any advise.. about my problem idling nag up and down when A/C is on..... na try ko na adjust iyon throttle.... per same parin at according sa mekaniko servo daw ... na palitan na kasi ito ng servo... may be there is another way to find out or solve this....

please help me too....
    many thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think carb yung original poster...

mike: servo yan, do a search on "lancer + servo" sobrang common prob.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hey maybe you can check out the post regarding mechanical servos ... galing nun eh ;-)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    albert b : saan ko icheck ???? post saan ? please advise. thanks

Automatic Transmission: idling problem