New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    hello guys next year im planning to change my wrangler's engine before i get it painted summer next year.what do you think is a suitible doner engine?i want a powerful engine but i also want an engine in which parts are plentiful..here are some i have heard of would also appreciate your inputs and prices about these engines.2LT,3L,5L,1KZ,4JB1,4D56TI,4M40,SD33T.my wrangler is not a short one it is one of those extended ones..i would greatly appreciate your suggestions..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can do a search in the web for diesel engines that will suit your taste for power. Also the engine you should buy should be complete (transmission assembly is included and legal paperworks). Here in Cavite, the wranglers I've seen use RF engines that's why they are cheap. The extended wranglers here (which cost around 350K up to a whopping 750K!!!) have chassis and engines from toyota hilux, mitsubishi pajero and nissan patrol. The engines you mentioned are suitable, but if you want the most plentiful and cheapest parts get a toyota made one. For me the 5L will be the best among your list. ;) Check the link below:

http://www.fleetwatch.co.za/Tw2005/toyota/specs.htm
    Last edited by jim; October 2nd, 2005 at 07:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    r2/rf engine ka na lang, sigurado baha baha ang piyesa, mura pa ang engine.

etong engine ginagamit sa kia besta at mazda pickups, yung power di lang engine nag dedetermine nun, yung differential mo rin, alamin mo muna ang differential mo baka naman naka high speed diffs ka hirap talaga humatak sasakyan mo

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    my engine is a toyota 1L 2.2 ltr, i think the engine is older than me...he he he...what do you guys think is better?a turbo aspirated diesel or a normally aspirated engine?because from what i know turbo engines are fuel efficient especially going uphill..is that true?because here in batangas there are alot of inclined highways..Sir mojo i believe my differential is a low speed because it is almost the same size as those on the 2.8 hilux surf..How about isuzu 4BC2?4HF1?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    guys ask ko lng kung san sa cavite bilihan ng wrangler? or nag-aasemble? thanks.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    get the 3L.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir ECG is the 3L a reliable engine will it also be able to power an a/c unit on my jeep without loss of power?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    yes. it is the power plant of the Toyota Hi-lux 2.8 (not the latest model).

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir ECG how about the 4JB1T?any comments about this engine?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by antonmace
    guys ask ko lng kung san sa cavite bilihan ng wrangler? or nag-aasemble? thanks.
    Dito sa may Imus along Aguinaldo, ASPEX yung sinage malapit sa Isuzu Imus. Marami rin sa Bacoor at sa Anabu. Basta along Aguinaldo Hi-way marami

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
assembled wrangler engine suggestions