New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
    These lube products are called "snake oils" by the established petroleum companies. I am not saying that this one is one of them.

If I remember right this was the explanation - these lubricant enhancers may contain chlorine, which attaches itself instantly to surfaces. This will cause the oil to bind itself to the metal components of your engine - even if the oil is drained - a film or chlorine will remain coated on the metal. Much like after we swim in a chlorinated pool, our skin is coated with a white chalky film. Anyway this is good for the engine, BUT in time the chlorine will transform into an acid (hydrochloric?) which will eventually be harmful for your engine. I do not know if an engine flush or oil flush will help in between oil changes.

If you have the resources and time - first do an oil flush using cheap oil. Put in your usual oil and add the additive. And after the lifetime of the oil have it analyzed by a lab.
    Yes, There might be some additives that are "snake oil" but definitely not X-1R. I have been using X1R in my Porche since 2011 and found it to be really amazing. It gave my car extra power and better fuel economy. I was confident using it since I have checked that X-1R is Certified Space Technology and NASA Hall of Fame Awardee. I dont think NASA, being one of the world's best engineering organizations would certify "snake oil."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    XR1 MSDS listed chlorinated paraffin as one of its ingredient, same with Bardahl B1, but as they say, it only calls for shorter OC interval because they also contain metal deactivators or anticorrosion additives that neutralize acids, until they are depleted.

But do we really need extreme pressure additives in our engines.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Generally speaking, this X-1R engine treatment will not be of good use for newer, well maintained engines. Modern motor oils are already formulated with the right and advanced additives to meet different engine demands.

On a personal note, I did try some engine treatments in the past on my preowned '89 Daihatsu Feroza like Duralube. Since I got my Feroza with significant mileage on its odometer, the engine response was not really good until I did major tune ups from spark plugs, high tension cables, carburetor, air filter and change oil. I did add Duralube (which is very similar with X-1R). I observed better engine response through time and cranking it was not a difficult thing to do. I guess X-1R will do work on older engines.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I've been using X1R in my 2013 Innova vvti since 10k odo. Now its on 39k+ odo and no issues. Napansin ko lang na tahimik ang makina at pinong pino ang tunog lalo na pag high rpm na. Sarap ihataw. Minsan di ko napansin 100kph na pala kse ganda ng takbo.

Sa 40k mag change oil na ulit ako at naka ready na ulit X1R.

Btw, bago ko sinukan ito ni research ko muna ito at tumingin ng mga reviews at ang deciding factor ko ay yung NASA certified. Kung false ad ito cguro naman matagal na itong pinasara sa US.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Anyone who tried X-1R engine treatment?