New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Heretic Guest
    My cousin came to know of my Matrix CRDi purchase last July and is going to take home a 12-quart bottle set (11.36 liters) of Amsoil fully-synthetic diesel oil this Christmas that he has purchased for $69. He says that American truckers (those with 5.0l+ diesels) swear by it claiming extended oil life span, better engine protection, etc.

I honestly am appaled by the price. 12 quarts or 11.36 liters for $69 or 3,864+ pesos? I saw a Mobil 1 Delvac 1 fully-synthetic diesel oil in Ace Hardware which cost 2,500+ pesos with only 4 liters. Could this Amsoil be a scam or perhaps fully-synthetic oils are just cheaper in America?

The thing is, I'm itching to try a fully-synthetic diesel oil in my Matrix but couldn't bring myself to because of the price, but if this Amsoil is for real and and this price, heck, why not?

Perhaps some people here with relatives/friends in America have heard of this Amsoil?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Talaga bang 100 Synthetic ang langis na ito kahit mga 15w40 nila? Curious lang ako kasi hindi ko pa ito nasubukan..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoyJo View Post
    Talaga bang 100 Synthetic ang langis na ito kahit mga 15w40 nila? Curious lang ako kasi hindi ko pa ito nasubukan..
    from their Signature line to OE.. all of them are 100 synthetic

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    from their Signature line to OE.. all of them are 100 synthetic
    Does this mean to say better na ang 15w40 nila compared sa 15w40 na mineral or kung may mga synthetic blend na 15w40?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoyJo View Post
    Does this mean to say better na ang 15w40 nila compared sa 15w40 na mineral or kung may mga synthetic blend na 15w40?
    not really. as long as you put the required oil for your vehicle. that engine will last a long time unless theres an overheating event. alot of folks sort of disregard coolants...

Anyone heard of Amsoil fully-synthetic diesel oil?