New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Just leave it at the service station for proper disposal and recycling.

Did you know that the used oil from one oil change can contaminate 1 million gallons of fresh water - a years' supply for 50 people!

Used motor oil is insoluble, persistent and can contain toxic chemicals and heavy metals.
    It’s slow to degrade.
    It sticks to everything from beach sand to bird feathers.
    It's a major source of oil contamination of waterways and can result in pollution of drinking water sources.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pwede din pang pahid sa sugat ng aso na matagal gumaling bsta konti lang ...gnwa ko na yan b4 sa aso ko (AMBUL) natangal., d makuha sa dog ointment e un yun lng pala makakapag tangal mura pa.
    pang gresse sa shoks sa ilalim ng kotsefront and rear! like ball koint etc..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    used motor oil is carcinogenic. it's proven. so don't wipe it on your dog.

it should be disposed of properly, the gas stations collect it and sell it back to the oil refiners. things like ENGINE FLUSH are actually made from recycled oil products.

on the other hand, i've HEARD that crapola bus lines (like Pascual..) use the motor oil as fuel (!!!) in their diesel engines. It works, but it's hell on the environment.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kala ko used food oil... used food oil especially those used at restaurant are bought and used to fry kropek and chicharon, that lessens my appetite sa pagkain ng kropek and chicharon or fried local street foods.

used motor oil, alam ko pwede recycle mga yun, a gas station collects them and send them for filtration

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    so pwede din siyang anti-kuto sa mga pet dogs?
    may kilala ako ginawa ito and according to him, effective tanggal-kuto sa pet dogs niya. downside lang daw eh mahirap tanggalin yung oil sa balahibo ng aso.

kung pangtanggal ng kuto, effective pa rin ang gin saka buhangin. ibuhos ang gin sa parte ng katawan kung saan may kuto. after 1-2 minutes, ibuhos naman ang buhangin. pag nalasing yang mga walanghiyang kuto na yan, magbabatuhan yan at isa-isang maglalaglagan.

used oil ginagamit din daw ng mga nagre-recap ng tires.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkky
    kung pangtanggal ng kuto, effective pa rin ang gin saka buhangin. ibuhos ang gin sa parte ng katawan kung saan may kuto. after 1-2 minutes, ibuhos naman ang buhangin. pag nalasing yang mga walanghiyang kuto na yan, magbabatuhan yan at isa-isang maglalaglagan.
    seryoso to??? hahaha natawa ako.. naiimagine ko, mga lasing na kuto na nagbabatuhan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ano kaya when time comes that we really run out of oil: pwede kaya irefine ung used oil into gas/diesel? pwede rin kaya ung synthetics?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    kailangan na natin si manong dingle kapag ubos na ang langis.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark View Post
    kailangan na natin si manong dingle kapag ubos na ang langis.
    i am about to change oil my car myself, very easy lang naman, just drain the old oil, replace the oil filter, replace the gasket and fill in the new proper amount/specs of oil...

now what do i do with the used oil??? if gas stations collects it, do they provide the container??? anyone from their personal experience???

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    gawin cooking oil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
any other uses for used oil?