New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i use an 06 everest/matic/diesel.... is there a mod or things to do to lower my FC... currently 7km/liter sa city moderate traffic. TIA!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sell it and buy a manual Everest.

Seriously, though. First mod is driving style. Use momentum driving and mild pulse and glide. Momentum means don't build up more speed than ypu need to get to the next stop. If you find yourself using the brakes often, you're driving too hard.

Pulse and glide means you only press on the accelerator for a short period of time, then glide down to your next stop or the next intersection.

-

After that, there are several no-cost modifications you can do. First, remove all unnecessary weight from the car. Remove any roof racks or items which might cause extra drag. Drag means more fuel wasted accelerating. Next, pump up your tires. Whatever your door sticker recommends, that's minimum. If you really want to save gas, pump the tires up another 5 psi. If you're okay with the harsh ride, add 10 psi.

When you use up the stock tires and need to change them, you can go for fuel saving tires. These are usually expensive, but if you drive long enough, you'll recoup the costs.

As for cost-option mods, one possibility for the 06 is alcohol injection, but you will likely never use it enough to justify the cost. VTECH redbox if your EVe is the higher powered version already, as it's the cheapest diesel chip on the market that can be reprogrammed for economy... But again, you won't use iy enough to recoup the costs.