New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    seen this one in tsikot.com, dont know who invented it but it should work very well.

Ohhhhhhh yes.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I just recently tried installing a device on my diesel engine. It was recommended by a friend who actually tried it himself. The product is called Magnetizer. It is a US product and what it does is align the particles in the fuel for better combustion. It is attached to the fuel line between the injection pump and the injectors. The closer to the injectors, the better the result. I noticed almost immediately positive results to my engine. The engine runs smoother and the response is great.

I know, you'll all be sceptic, but I was too before I tried it. My friend offered me to try it for free and I am pretty happy with the results.

Just me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I know you can attach a magnet to your oil filter, this does work. But aligning particles in the fuel? what particles?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    align the particles?

what kind of particles?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'm talking about the fuel particles. Fuels are composed of a set of positive and negative charged molecules. Fuels are not actively interlocked with oxygen during combustion, thereby causing incomplete combustion.
    Ionizing these particles will result better combustion thus will result less hydrocarbon smog, better mileage and engine efficiency.

By putting a strong, positive charge into the fuel, the fuel burns more completely, and the engine's power is increased.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    :lol: hydrocarbons are non-metallic and non-magnetic. They CANNOT be aligned or "ionized" by a magnet on your fuel line. And even such ionization is worthless once the fuel has passed at high speed through the fuel rail and has been passed through the injectors, as these molecules become un-ionized due to vibration and speed. As for fuel "not interlocking" with oxygen... come ON... Modern ICE (internal combustion engines) burn 99% of the fuel they are fed. That's near perfect combustion.

please:
    http://www.fuelsaving.info/magnets.htm

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    :lol: hydrocarbons are non-metallic and non-magnetic. They CANNOT be aligned or "ionized" by a magnet on your fuel line. And even such ionization is worthless once the fuel has passed at high speed through the fuel rail and has been passed through the injectors, as these molecules become un-ionized due to vibration and speed. As for fuel "not interlocking" with oxygen... come ON... Modern ICE (internal combustion engines) burn 99% of the fuel they are fed. That's near perfect combustion.

please:
    http://www.fuelsaving.info/magnets.htm
    I read this article already even before trying it. As I said, I was also sceptic but since I can try it for free, I've got nothing to lose. Regardless, it worked for me.

I am not trying to convince anybody because that is not my job. I am just sharing.

AGAIN, JUST ME.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naunahan ako dun sa block of wood under the accelerator pedal nyahahahaha!

magnet sa fuel lines? ang alam ko kaya may magnet sa filter to catch rust particles before it goes to clog the filter, pero not to "magnetize and align" the fuel molecules. it's one of those fuel saving device scams floating around, does not work, no scientific basis, pure horse dung invention. okay, let's ASSUME that the fuel is magnetic. so pag na-convert na to vapor by the carb or after being sprayed by the injection nozzle into a fine mist they remained aligned? naaaah! and who says it has to be aligned for oxygen to properly react with it? some inventor who simply says so so he can earn your money! yeah right.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, wax, the best way for you to test this is:

Cut open an aluminum can, or anything that will fit around the device and won't melt. Wrap it in insulation and put it around the device.

Fill up your tank and record mileage and fuel use every day by topping it off again each night. Keep a record of your route, traffic conditions, kilometers run and fuel needed to refill the tank to the brim. Use the same gas station each night, and the same pump. Do this for a month.

During that month, have your wife or significant other remove the device each night and then put the cover back on again, with or WITHOUT the device at random, and have her record which days you ran without the device, WITHOUT telling you. This way, you will not know when the device is attached, and you will drive the same way each day.

This way, at least, you will see if it actually does anything.

I'm betting you will see a wide variance in your consumption with NO relation to whether or not you have the device attached.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    - tune-up regularly
    - increase tire pressure (around 32-34psi cold)
    - retard timing by 2-3 deg from the stock recommended setting and use regular unleaded fuel
    - lean out your A/F mixture just as Khaos does for P6,000 (this can be bad for your engine in the long run though).
    - lighten your car of unnecessary weight add-ons
    - make sure your a/c system and electrical system is running well not straining or putting load on your engine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
any engine tweaks to lower gas consumption?