New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have fuel saving device that really works: savings on gas/diesel is significant (about 10%), and improved acceleration and power. Costs approximately 8k with installation. Could be more or less, depending on configuration.

Hey, the air-bleed type "fuel-saving" devices which probably don't work, or have DETRIMENTAL effects on engine and/or environment cost about P6,500 - P10,000 depending on model, and the thingy you put at the "ass end" of your pipe (I love that description, ghosthunter!) and with only one friggin' jeepney as a test vehicle (and tested only once, I think, instead of multiple test-runs) are DUBIOUS.

My "fuel-saving" device has many studies to show it works!

OPEN TYPE K&N FILTER.

(I would like to suggest the drop-in, replacement-type K&N, but really, the improvements are insignificant. The open-type, on the other hand really has noticeable improvements in fuel consumption and horsepower/torque).

CONS: Makes noisy sucking sound, and my engine was a tad noisier.

--Alf

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    My "fuel-saving" device has many studies to show it works!

Hi Alf,

would you like to share this one with us? If it works then maybe we can use it too

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... it's commonly agreed that K&N open filters (not drop-ins, the cone type), save some gas, while providing a little more performance.

Yan nga yung main complaint sa K&N, it's not that much difference in performance, pero okay daw sa gas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hey guys maybe you would like to try mine. BioActiv Diesel enhancer. Its a biodiesel blended to diesel fuel. you may want to visit our web site www.chemrez.com or if we can get together i may bring some samples and lets have your diesel engine test free of charge! I will bring along with me Opacimeter for actual emission test. Its now selling in seaoil and flying v stations (Bioexceed, Envirotek). Just give me a ring at 0917*******. thanks

---------------------------
    Moderator's Note:
    Direct advertisements or selling of products are prohibited on our borads.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by BioActiv
    Hey guys maybe you would like to try mine. BioActiv Diesel enhancer. Its a biodiesel blended to diesel fuel. you may want to visit our web site www.chemrez.com or if we can get together i may bring some samples and lets have your diesel engine test free of charge! I will bring along with me Opacimeter for actual emission test. Its now selling in seaoil and flying v stations (Bioexceed, Envirotek). Just give me a ring at 0917*******. thanks
    Is your bio diesel blend cheaper than the regular diesel?

Maybe you would want to start your own thread about bio-diesel, or I believe there is one here already... so you could enlighten us further.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * Doc Eric

There was a lot of sarcasm in my post, partially induced by irritation from all of these so-called fuel saving devices. Of particular irritation for me is Planas's smug look and his claim that his device saves gas AND reduces pollution! Furthermore, some politicians even vouch for his product!

A website (www.fuelsaving.info) completely debunks air-bleed type devices like the khaos, and further states that it is NOT environmentally friendly (NOx emissions). And now, our well-meaning but ignorant politicians are vouching for this product! A little more research would really enlighten them -- how would they like to be known as the politician who helped add pollution to our air?

However, as much as my tirade was a sarcastic effort to make a parody on these bogus products (with well-intentioned inventors, I might add), I was also rather serious about the effects of K&N filters, especially the open-type (cone) version.

In a nutshell, K&N air filters (esp the open type) allow more air because the filter itself is less restrictive, without compromising the filtering objective of the air filter. More air in = better combustion.

There are a lot of factors that may affect fuel consumption / power increase, but on the whole, K&N has a lot of testimonials of the effects of using the K&N. Sometimes, though, fuel consumption is negated by the more-excited drivers because of the increase in acceleration, etc. ... i.e., they floor their car more because of the faster and more exciting to drive, thereby negating any improvement in fuel consumption.

Check out websites, and check out testimonials, as well as the K&N website (www.knfilter.com). There is a lot of, in my opinion, condign praise for the product.

They are very wary about making claims, but overwhelm you with testimonials instead (rather than products like khaos which are all claims, and no real proof). Much more believable, isn't it?

And in this particular case, you will find a lot of tsikoteers who will not say anything really bad about K&N -- not a lot of critics here, I think. Nor skeptics, when it comes to K&N. Granted, just because the majority might agree with me, it still doesn't prove anything (many people believed and agreed the world was flat). So you can do your due diligence and surf the net or something.
    -------------

*Bioactiv

I am a firm believer in Senbel's Biodiesel. How different is your product from theirs? The only reason I'm not using Senbel's Biodiesel is because it is not CONVENIENTLY available (so I resign myself to using Petron Diesel Booster everytime I fill up at, duh, Petron).

But I do remember, from personal experience, that a 2-5% mix actually improved my fuel consumption, and more than made up for the additional price of Senbel's biodiesel. Going to a 10% mix yielded diminishing returns (good results, but not as value-for-money as the 2-5%). And in both cases, there was much less smoke belching. (As an aside, though, before I sold one of my pick-ups, I ran it till almost empty, then put in 20 liters of biodiesel and... voila! No more smoke! No more belching! Buyer was so surprised that there was virtually no smoke, heheh.)

I also remember talking to someone from Senbel, and they were planning a tie-up with Flying V. I was looking forward to that. I guess you guys beat them to it?

In Seaoil and Flying V, what concentration of biodiesel does it have? 2%? 5%? I haven't read your FAQs yet (too late now, and, well, too lazy whatever time, heheh). Senbel's was coco-bio diesel, but the quick glance at your website said yours was from vegetable oil...

Anyway, I'll go check your website and ask more questions here. Better for me to be somewhat informed and asking somewhat informed questions than asking ignorant ones.

Cheers!

--Alf

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Additional Note:

Re: K&N. On a PERSONAL experience basis (not scientific, even though I'm meticulous in measuring my fuel consumption), when I installed the open type K&N on my Strada, there was, on the average, about a 10% improvement on fuel consumption. This was "tested" over many months. Before I sold the Strada, I had it removed and put the original filter back on (2nd hand buyers like the look of stock stuff, I guess). Fuel consumption dropped about 10%. I guess you can call that a personal A-B-A comparison.

Re: Biodiesel -- I guess you buy the chemrez biodiesel on a per liter basis also. I thought kasi it was pre-mixed in their pump na (senbel was kinda planning that, I think). Will give it a try.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    si garyq nagdedliver ng carryboy ng senbel, free of charge, basta 20 liters.

i have been using it for 6 months na here in gen. santos city

andy

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, I'll probably be ordering from Garyq one or two carbuoys. Pero, nakakatamad pa rin yung ako mismo maglalagay, eh. I know, I know... that's really being too lazy.

But still, if they sold sana the biodiesel in the gas station, then you just tell the guy there to put it in when you gas up, eh, that's less hassle and you don't get your hands dirty pa.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Thanks guys!
    Well to make it more convinient for you, BioActiv bottles are available in 1 liter and 200 ml. This can treat 100 liters and 20 liters of diesel fuel resp. Bottle was designed transparently and with scale so need not to worry of blending. It also comes with induction seals preventing it to spill and adulteration. Conviniently once you get to Sea Oil gas station for gas up, try buying bioexceed. Attendants are happy to assist you for filling up. 200 ml is affordable. Good for 20 liter diesel. If you are due for registration and had problems with emissions, try visiting our outlets. Put high blend ratio for cleaning. thanks

anti-smoke emission and fuel-saving device