New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi tsikot peeps:

This is not about the device being talked about here but it's about a similar gadget nonetheless:

When i was a little younger. i have this neighbor of mine, a mechanical engineer and had an auto repair shop. I remember, he was once boasting to us that he invented a gas-saving device: This device which he showed us, consists of a container, actually a dextrose bottle, full of water, this is located in a place higher than the carburetor; a box made of aluminum - about 3" x 3" x 1"- fastened to the exhaust manifold. The box has an inlet and an outlet tubes connected to the water container and to an adapter between the carburetor and intake manifold, respectively.

And he swore that his gadget worked.

BTW, said adapter also houses a muti-blade fan that rotates when the engine sucks air. He said that the fan breaks further the fuel into smaller molecules for better combustion.

He swore that his gadget worked.

Any comments about this gadget from our tsikot experts?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that may work for carbs.

but for EFI engines it is almost pointless.

Originally posted by conzky
    Hi tsikot peeps:

This is not about the device being talked about here but it's about a similar gadget nonetheless:

When i was a little younger. i have this neighbor of mine, a mechanical engineer and had an auto repair shop. I remember, he was once boasting to us that he invented a gas-saving device: This device which he showed us, consists of a container, actually a dextrose bottle, full of water, this is located in a place higher than the carburetor; a box made of aluminum - about 3" x 3" x 1"- fastened to the exhaust manifold. The box has an inlet and an outlet tubes connected to the water container and to an adapter between the carburetor and intake manifold, respectively.

And he swore that his gadget worked.

BTW, said adapter also houses a muti-blade fan that rotates when the engine sucks air. He said that the fan breaks further the fuel into smaller molecules for better combustion.

He swore that his gadget worked.

Any comments about this gadget from our tsikot experts?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ...bottle with water.... hmm...that's probably a version of the "vapor bleed device" ......

where vapor (of water or collant) is allowed to enter the intake manifold ..... claimed to be a fuel saver, etc.

Here's a link to a court case docket involving US Postal Service and a vapor bleed device manufacturer/seller:

http://www.usps.com/judicial/1982deci/12-64ddd.htm

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmm... good precedent, that... so outright falsehood is not required for misrepresentation?

Merely misleading advertisment literature?

So if ANY of the conditions promised in the advertising are NOT fulfilled, then a full reimbursement is possible. Hmmmmmm....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.bbbsilicon.org/topic178.html

VEHICLE RETROFIT
    DEVICES AND ADDITIVES

The Environmental Protection Agency Motor Vehicle Emission Laboratory has reported to the Council of Better Business Bureaus the following results of its tests and evaluations of vehicle retrofit devices and additives under the authority of the Clean Air Act and the Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act. The EPA does not approve or certify any device. It does determine, however, in accordance with standardized procedures, the fuel economy, emissions, safety, etc., performance of vehicle retrofit devices and additives for which fuel economy/emissions improvement claims are made. EPA definitions of the various categories of devices and additives are contained later in this report.

DEVICES/ADDITIVES WHICH DID NOT
    SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACT FUEL ECONOMY

Device/additive - Category

ADAKS Vacuum Breaker Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    Air Jet Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    Analube Synthetic Lubricant - Lubricant/Lubricant Additive
    Aquablast Wyman Valve Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    Auto-Miser - Air Bleed
    Ball-Matic Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    Berg Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    BIAP Electronic Ignition Unit - Ignition Control
    Econo-Jet Air Bleed Idle Screws - Air Bleed
    Econo-Mist Vac. Vapor Induction Sys. - Vapor Air Bleed
    Econo Needle Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    EI-5 Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    Electro-Dyn Superchoke - Intake System
    Environmental Fuel Saver - Device Mounted Between Carb & Intake Manifold
    Frantz Vapor Injection System - Vapor Air Bleed
    Fuel Conservation Device - Intake System
    FuelXpander - Fuel Pre-heater
    Goodman Engine System, Model 1800 - H20/Water-Alcohol Inject.
    Hydro-Catalyst Pre-Combustion Sys. - Device Mounted Between Carburetor and Intake Manifold
    Johnson Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    Lamkin Fuel Metering Device - Intake System
    Landrum Mini-Carb - Air Bleed
    Landrum Retrofit Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    Lee Exhaust & Fuel Gasification EGR - EGR
    Magna Flash Ignition Control System - Ignition Control
    Malpassi Filter King (Tentative) - Fuel Pressure Regulator
    Mark II Vapor Injection System - Vapor Air Bleed
    Mini Turbocharger Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    Monocar HC Control Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    NRG #1 Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    Paser Magnum - Ignition Control
    Peterman Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    Pollution Master Air Bleed - Air Bleed
    QEI 400 Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    Ram-Jet - Air Bleed
    Rolfite Upgrade Fuel Additives - Fuel Additive
    SCATPAC Vacuum Vapor Induction Sys. - Vapor Air Bleed
    Smith Power & Deceleration Governor - Intake System
    Sp.Form. Centrifugal Ign.Adv.Springs - Ignition Control
    Sta-Power Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    Stargas Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    Technol G Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    Tephguard - Lubricants
    Turbo-Dyne G.R. Valve - Air Bleed
    Turbo Vapor Injection System - Vapor Air Bleed
    Vareb 10 Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive
    XRG #1 Fuel Additive - Fuel Additive

DEVICES/ADDITIVES WHICH INDICATED A
    SIGNIFICANT POSITIVE IMPACT ON FUEL ECONOMY AND
    WHICH DID NOT PRODUCE A SIMULTANEOUS INCREASE IN
    EXHAUST EMISSIONS

Device/Additive - Category

Pass Master Vehicle Air Conditioner Compressor Cut-off Device - Accessory Drive Device

DEVICES/ADDITIVES WHICH INDICATED A
    SIGNIFICANT POSITIVE IMPACT ON FUEL ECONOMY AND
    PRODUCED A SIMULTANEOUS INCREASE IN EXHAUST EMISSIONS

Device/Additive - Category

W/A WAAG-Injection System - H20/Water-Alcohol Inject.

DEFINITION OF DEVICE/ADDITIVE CATEGORIES

Accessory Drive - Devices which modify the method of operation or duration of use of an auxilary engine component (air conditioner compressor, power steering pump, alternator, etc.)

Air Bleed - Devices which bleed air into the air/fuel mixture after it leaves the carburetor and are usually installed in the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) line or as replacement idle mixture screws.

Devices Mounted Between Carburetor and Intake Manifold - Devices which go between the carburetor and intake manifold and are claimed to mix or vaporize the air/fuel mixture.

EGR - Non-original equipment EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) systems.

Fuel Additives - Materials which are added to the gas tank.

Fuel Pre-Heater - A device that heats the fuel before it enters the carburetor. The fuel is usually heated by the engine coolant, exhaust or electrically.

Fuel Pressure Regulator - Device for controlling or reducing the pressure of the fuel delivered to the carburetor.

Ignition Controls - Devices which are attached/added to the ignition system or replace original equipment parts.

Intake System - General modifications to the vehicle intake system.

Lubricants/Lubricant Additives - Usually materials which are poured into the crankcase either as a complete lubricant or as an additive to a complete lubricant.

Vapor Air Bleed - Similar to air bleed devices except that inducted air is bubbled through a water-anti-freeze material usually contained in a bottle or jar located in the engine compartment.

Water Injection - Devices where an injection nozzle injects a fluid, such as water or a water/alcohol solution, into the engine (carburetor air intake) in response to a control function. The fluid is usually contained in a bottle or jar in the engine compartment and is pumped into the engine's air intake by a pumping mechanism.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 21st, 2004 at 05:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen something like this in kotse.com today.....I've replied to a post at kotse.com about what seems to be a "vapor bleed" device..... an auto shop in Ft. Bonifacio is selling it....

http://www.kotse.com/topics.php?acti...8160&forumid=1

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Noticed something...

blu_gsr_98 said
    ...you can go to our auto shop at makati near ...

so blu_gsr_98 is a car shop owner trying to promote a "gas saving device"?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ericp
    I've seen something like this in kotse.com today.....I've replied to a post at kotse.com about what seems to be a "vapor bleed" device..... an auto shop in Ft. Bonifacio is selling it....

http://www.kotse.com/topics.php?acti...8160&forumid=1
    I think I found that mentioned auto shop in Fort Boni but it was only selling the khoas device. Sales guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Drexx
    20Oct2004 (UTC +8)

This Ego thing seems to be just another catalytic converter. For what it's worth, there are several Toyota v8 engines already that have four (two pairs; one pair per exhaust pipe) like my 2UZ-FE.

I really don't mind if they sell it as such --they're just another guy trying to make a living; and besides it *may* really have some benefits however ineffecient it is --but to pad it with marketing babble to confuse the less educated is bad.

And as for this dual-Venturi gadget? It may just be two propellers inside that Ego thing that swirl the exhaust gases, like that Tornado gadget they're selling in the USA. However, instead of putting that swirly-gig in the intake manifold, they just put it in the catalytic converter!
    The EGO is not a catalytic converter, it has no moving parts. It is made of Gauge 16 stainless steel. How it works? Just install (full-weld) the device at the tip of your vehicle’s tail pipe and because of its “double Venturi” design, the exhaust gas velocity is increased tremendously effecting an automatic “scavenging/ cleansing action” within the entire exhaust system which reaches up to the engine’s combustion chambers causing a more efficient dispersal of left-over wastes (unburnt fuel) and carbon deposits; thus the subsequent intake of fuel + air is assured to be in its ideal mixture for almost always “near-perfect” combustion resulting to optimum engine efficiency (reduced pollution, power boosts and fuel/oil savings).:nerd:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    Noticed something...

so blu_gsr_98 is a car shop owner trying to promote a "gas saving device"? [/B]
    Sir Ghosthunter,

i think you misquoted blu_gsr_98...

I just wanna be fair to everybody...

thanks po & more POWER!

anti-smoke emission and fuel-saving device