New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Boost your EGO! Get One now!!!
    Sounds much like those spam messages about penis enlargers.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by add616reneb
    Watch for the EGO segment in "MOTORING TODAY" at 10:30am on Oct. 10th or Oct. 17th over NBN-4.:nerd:
    More brainless (or is it braindead?) automotive journalism... These people are NOT critical of any products they show or report on.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ghosthunter, hang in there. If the product does work -we'll know.

My sched's just tied up until heck.

We need to set protocols on the testing conditions and such things as validation and expert witnesses.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The EGO segment was aired last Sunday, October 10th, 2004 (11:30am - 12:30pm) in MOTORING TODAY of Mr. Butch Gamboa over NBN-4. Anybody who was able to watch it, please post comments.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by add616reneb
    The EGO segment was aired last Sunday, October 10th, 2004 (11:30am - 12:30pm) in MOTORING TODAY of Mr. Butch Gamboa over NBN-4. Anybody who was able to watch it, please post comments.
    I guess no one watched it... and no one cares. :whoa:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    darn... after 14 pages wala pa din palang solid proof that this thing works?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Uy... are the gas savers vying for longest thread awards? One thing's for sure... with all the words written here, we sure aren't saving bandwidth. :p

I wish all these salesmen would realize that us techies are a little smarter than their regular clientele... they should go back selling to their core market... the rich jeepney drivers. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    20Oct2004 (UTC +8)

This Ego thing seems to be just another catalytic converter. For what it's worth, there are several Toyota v8 engines already that have four (two pairs; one pair per exhaust pipe) like my 2UZ-FE.

I really don't mind if they sell it as such --they're just another guy trying to make a living; and besides it *may* really have some benefits however ineffecient it is --but to pad it with marketing babble to confuse the less educated is bad.

And as for this dual-Venturi gadget? It may just be two propellers inside that Ego thing that swirl the exhaust gases, like that Tornado gadget they're selling in the USA. However, instead of putting that swirly-gig in the intake manifold, they just put it in the catalytic converter!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    20Oct2004 (UTC +8)

This Ego thing seems to be just another catalytic converter. For what it's worth, there are several Toyota v8 engines already that have four (two pairs; one pair per exhaust pipe) like my 2UZ-FE.

I really don't mind if they sell it as such --they're just another guy trying to make a living; and besides it *may* really have some benefits however ineffecient it is --but to pad it with marketing babble to confuse the less educated is bad.

And as for this dual-Venturi gadget? It may just be two propellers inside that Ego thing that swirl the exhaust gases, like that Tornado gadget they're selling in the USA. However, instead of putting that swirly-gig in the intake manifold, they just put it in the catalytic converter!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    For me, you can most likely get the same benefits these said devices are said to give by just properly tuning up your engine, thats all it takes, also improving your driving style to save gas.

We have two cars, an old telstar, w/c is right now running rich and an accord, these two cars are very different but the accord has very low emissions and is fuel efficient too bec. it is well maintained (sure it has EFI and is more modern), on the other hand all i need is to get the telstar tuned up and it will run just pretty good as well (obviously not as environment friendly as newer engines). It will save gas and probably reduce emissions too for a third of the cost of one of these said devices.

But that is just me. And this is only my opinion.

anti-smoke emission and fuel-saving device