New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer_97
    Hello Tsikoteers,

Does anyone here ever encountered an idling problem usually around 1200 to 1400 rpm range while at the same time the check engine indicator illuminates. Is this related to a dirty fuel line/fuel filter,injectors or it has something to do with my cars timing belt/tensioner. My car btw is a lancer 97 model (pizza pie) already at 185,000 km reading. I've already had my oil change, sparkplugs and even added a cyclo "fuel/injector cleaner" so to clean the fuel line and injectors but still the same problem. My last timing belt/tensioner change was when the car was at 85,000 km. What might be the problem here for I never encountered such probem before. Hoping for your advice.

Thanks and more power.
    The best thing to do is have your ECU scanned for the error code/s. It doesn't make sense to just be guessing when there's a definite way of knowing what's causing the problem. EFI engines have a complex network of sensors and controllers that a symptom could mean more than one problem.

Newer cars can go 100,000 km before needing a new timing belt, but older cars were usually recommended for it every 60k-80k Kms, so it's not a bad idea to have them changed now. I'm not sure if your engine is the "interference" type (valves can clash with the pistons if the belt breaks), but just to be safe, it's better to have the belt changed at your soonest convenience.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    iluvD,

depende sa road condition,air filter condition at brand ng car mo.Better ask the manufacturer nalang....usualy may preventive maintenance sched sila for this....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    iluvD,
    depends on the road condition & air filter condition ng car.May preventive maintenance schedule kasi ung mga casa.tanong mo nalang sa kanila.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    lancer_97, suggest you have a MUT test. meron nyan sa mga hi end na shops to read the error codes ng ECU mo. sa mga mitsu na EFI, they have this so called servo that controls air and idle. Meron ngang plastic gears dun. If it becomes dirty magloloko idling mo. There is also a repair kit in case may sira yung mga gears. but even before you do anything with it. have it diagnosed with sa shop with a MUT device.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mura lang paayos yung servo, 3000 lang yata. raymond sarol ata yung pangalan nung guy who's really good at this? (search the forum nalang) lahat yata ng mitsu may problemang ganyan eh :P

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Thanks a lot guys sa mga advices nyo, honestly last time na nagpa casa ako was year 2000 pa since napansin ko na fixed naman ang timing ng lancer (distributorless engine) kaya ako nalang nagpapalit ng spark plugs at naglilinis ng air filter. I guess its about time na ipatingin ko nga ulit sa casa para ma interpret muna yung error code. Hopefully di sana masira pa yung servo ,, papalit muna ako ng timing belt. Thanks ulit ng marami.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Another idling problem