New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i rarely let my indicator go below 1/4. pag 1/4 na nagpapafulltank na ko. saktong 1wk un sakin.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Well...assuming a full tank of fuel is 50Liters. Quarter tank is 12.5L, thats approximately 12.5Kgs or about 27.5 lbs. If you are overweight, why not just lose some weight and put a full tank every time? That way, you are healthier, will look better and you wont have to worry about these things? heheheh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Not ideally applicable to big-boned people.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    this is a good thread.

guys, can I get a confirmation from you that maintaining your fuel tank at below 1/4 full would have a less efficient fuel consumption compared to above 1/4 full? Coz I noticed that parang mas malakas ang consumption on that setting (below 1/4 full) compared to maintaining a fulltank.
    Last edited by ravelcop; June 20th, 2005 at 01:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto isang thinking ng kasama ko sa opisina; pag full tank ka, there's no vapor space sa loob ng fuel tank so walang chance na magevaporate ang fuel mo (gasoline is very very volatile). pag near empty ka na, say 1/4 tank, malaki vapor space sa loob ng tangke, so more chance for the gasoline to evaporate, hence mas malakas ang tsansa that you might loose some of your fuel due to evaporation. Not really sure how much of the fuel you would loose via evaporation since selyado nanam supposed to be yun tangke at wala syang vent, but it's a fairly logical assumption.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Amount of fuel in tank