New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    try replacing the rad cap sir , maybe the culprit.also the thermostat maybe malfunctioning, also check the rad fan and auxillary fan,leak from the water pump or hose. hth

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ipasilip mo na para sigurado. puwedeng mahina na ang rad fan or may bara.

pag ok ang cooling, mabilis man ang takbo o kaya super trapik at mainit sa labas, hindi gumagalaw ang needle sa typical na puwesto.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    two things i can think of, kulang/corroded ground and palit rad cap.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks for the replies sirs, I'll have it check this weekend. Thank you for enlightening me, at least I know the car is not yet overheating. BTW sir can you fill this up for me?

Rad Cap = Federal Mogul (150 php)?
    Rad Fan = ??? (new or surplus)
    Aux Fan = ??? (new or surplus)
    Thermostat = OEM (1200 php)
    Thermoswitch = OEM (1300 php)

Am I correct with the estimates? From what I have read ganyan ang price ranges eh..

For the fans, what would be more cost effective? New or surplus?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    try mo muna ang pinaka madali at pinaka mura which is the rad cap, then the rad fan and aux fan makikita mo naman kung mahina ang ikot, tulad din ng saggustion nila baka may loose wiring lang magastos kung palitan mo lahat kahit na gumagana pa. surplus or replacement, it all up to you sabi na iba mas maganda ang surplus yung iba mas maganda daw ang brand new or replacement,depende na yan sa budget mo and how long you will keep your ride.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aux/radiator fan (surplus) = P500
    generic sanden-type fan (brandnew) = more or less P600 sa auto supply.
    brand new radiator fan = more or less P1k sa auto supply.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Update lang mga sirs, I changed my rad cap to a federal mogul brand with a 0.9 psi rating, but still nagbabawas ng tubig sa reserve tank.

I just noticed the other day that the water inside my radiator has some slight rainbowish color, it looks more like a rainbow swirl to me. Could this be a sign of a busted cylindrer head gasket? Should I replace it ASAP?

I'm not overheating naman. Sometimes my temperature goes up above half but (a bit higher than the midway point but not up to 3/4) goes back to half after a few seconds.

I popped up the hood a day after I noticed the rainbow swirls and took the radiator cap off, I used my flashlight to take a closer look inside my radiator. The presence of the rainbow swirls was not present but I saw some tiny specks. It doesn't looks like rust to me. I also checked the water inside the reserve tank but there are no rainbow swirls in there.

How can I know if this is really oil in my radiator? I need you help badly before I make some drastic moves. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Am I overheating?