New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Then again, I've ran my car up to 500 miles on a single tank, never had a problem....but I need to clean my fuel sender/float. The low fuel light does not turn on.
    At least the gauge still indicates the correct level of fuel, right? Mas mahirap yung hindi gumagalaw ang needle ng fuel gauge...

I did fill up with around 19-20 gallons though (it has a 21 gallon tank). I could have still driven home, with that last gallon I could have done 25 miles easy.
    Minsan lang naman yata, sir... Ok lang naman siguro...

As for me, I'm filling up my car's tank with all the fuel I can afford, TODAY. All this talk of corrosion got me worried.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    At least the gauge still indicates the correct level of fuel, right? Mas mahirap yung hindi gumagalaw ang needle ng fuel gauge...

As for me, I'm filling up my car's tank with all the fuel I can afford, TODAY. All this talk of corrosion got me worried.
    Me too, I am a bit worried. But then again, its better to know and be cautious now than be sorry later.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    why not fill up full once and everytime you get down 3/4 from full, fill up again

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    why not fill up full once and everytime you get down 3/4 from full, fill up again
    That is exactly what I'm doing now. Kumbaga part nang new year's resolution. "Never to Run on Low Gas and Fill Every Time 1/4 na lang ng Tank ang Natitira"

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006

It's not going to happen over night. If your car's tank already has rust, filling it to the brim today won't help...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It's not going to happen over night. If your car's tank already has rust, filling it to the brim today won't help...
    At less than 2 years old, I hope it doesn't have rust. :pope: After all, I've only been doing this partial refilling for less than 5 months...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    At less than 2 years old, I hope it doesn't have rust. :pope: After all, I've only been doing this partial refilling for less than 5 months...
    Then you should not worry about anything.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Then you should not worry about anything.
    Thank you for the reassurance, sir!

OT: I'm glad you all enjoyed the SoCal EB with ma'am LR... Cheers!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much distance has your partner's ride covered in that time span?

I've been maintaining VERY LOW fuel levels on my L-200 for a year now, no problems whatsoever. But, it only covered a distance of 2,325 kms in that time span.

from the time he got the car (which is a second hand vectra), its around 5k kms.

it could either be that the fuel pump is already conking out because of age, or could be caused by this.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    from the time he got the car (which is a second hand vectra), its around 5k kms.

it could either be that the fuel pump is already conking out because of age, or could be caused by this.
    So we don't really know what caused the trouble, no? hehe.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Always Running on Low Gas, what are its damaging effects?