New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Of course, be careful where you filled up.
    yup. wag papa gas sa stations na binabaha.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Kahit nga po marami ang laman, sa ilalim pa rin sumisipsip iyung fuel system natin at hindi sa gitna, at kagaya ng sinabi ni Doc Otep, dahil mas mabigat ang impurities, laging bumababa ito. Therefore, kahit puno ang tangke o malapit nang maubos, ganun pa rin ang pagsipsip niya.

simpleng example, sa magsingdaming dumi. parehas mo ihalo sa isa, mas maraming liquid at ang isa sa mas konti, alin ang mas mukhang maraming dumi kapag naalog? hindi ba ang mas konting liquid? sa pinag-uusapang tsansa na makuha ng fuel lines ang dumi, malaking factor ito.

now tungkol sa floating particles, like few drops of water - hindi ito lulubog kahit na mas heavier ito than fuel kasi nga mas konti siya. kapap bumaba ang level ng laman ng tangke na sagad na sa float hindi ba lalabas na sa bandang ibabaw na sisipsip? kumpara kung almost full?

(Saka hindi talaga pwedeng sa itaas ang pagsipsip, kasi, konting bawas lang sa fuel level, "EMPTY" ka na kahit above 90% pa ang fuel mo sa tank. )

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If you think of it, the dirt sucking issue is relevant. See, the weight of the fuel in the fuel tank helps keep the sediments at the bottom with a full tank, but with a near empty one there's not much to keep them down, so it's easier to stir up the fuel tank and get the dirt into the fuel system.
    mga pards, all talk of dirt/rust build up inside the fuel tank whether the dirst stays under or lumulutang...

ANO pa nga ang pwede magawa to PREVENT the dirt from getting into the fuel system at hindi mahirapan i-filter ng fuel filter???

Meron ba IBA PANG PWEDE MAGAWA othern than sa mga sinasabi na mag full tank or 3/4 full or whatever principles that have been mentioned in this thread?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Of course. Take the fuel tank out and have it cleaned.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTer View Post
    yup. wag papa gas sa stations na binabaha.
    Saang gas station and malinis na fuel, Petron, Shell or Caltex?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    simpleng example, sa magsingdaming dumi. parehas mo ihalo sa isa, mas maraming liquid at ang isa sa mas konti, alin ang mas mukhang maraming dumi kapag naalog? hindi ba ang mas konting liquid? sa pinag-uusapang tsansa na makuha ng fuel lines ang dumi, malaking factor ito.
    I agreed with that already.

now tungkol sa floating particles, like few drops of water - hindi ito lulubog kahit na mas heavier ito than fuel kasi nga mas konti siya.
    That contradicts with the teachings on Density. Imposible naman na few drops of WATER are HEAVIER than a full tank's worth of FUEL (gas or diesel). I know you mean "DENSER". But then a fluid goes to the bottom if it's denser than the other fluid you mix it with.

kapap bumaba ang level ng laman ng tangke na sagad na sa float hindi ba lalabas na sa bandang ibabaw na sisipsip? kumpara kung almost full?

Sir, subukan mo mag-experiment with a glass of water and a straw. I-FIX mo ang ilalim ng straw mo sa bandang itaas ng glass. After sipping a few milliliters of water, "EMPTY" na, kasi, di na abot ng straw mo ang tubig. Whereas, kung sagad (or almost sagad) sa ilalim ang straw, kaya mong ubusin (halos ubusin) ang tubig.

(Saka hindi talaga pwedeng sa itaas ang pagsipsip, kasi, konting bawas lang sa fuel level, "EMPTY" ka na kahit above 90% pa ang fuel mo sa tank. )
    Oh,

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    When you say be careful where you fill up, does this mean I have to fill only sa big three gas stations?
    Not necessarily.

But shy away from gas stations
    -situated in flooded areas (water may seep into their reservoirs)
    -situated in near beaches, riverbanks, etc.
    -with low volume traffic (means stocks are stored the longest time)

As to the topic, personally, i do not want to have the indicator pointing to 0 or have the lights flash in front of me. Do not want to drive may iba pang ina-alala. Di relaxing!
    Last edited by Gerbo; January 2nd, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If you think of it, the dirt sucking issue is relevant. See, the weight of the fuel in the fuel tank helps keep the sediments at the bottom with a full tank, but with a near empty one there's not much to keep them down, so it's easier to stir up the fuel tank and get the dirt into the fuel system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post

As to the topic, personally, i do not want to have the indicator pointing to 0 or have the lights flash in front of me. Do not want to drive may iba pang ina-alala. Di relaxing!
    these posts will make this thread clean and dirt free

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    Sir that one of the reason why your fuel pump was busted.. but the main reason reason is overheating... most of gas engine today has a submersible fuel pump locataed directecly to the fuel pump..its was design to be submerge... so when car gas tank is almost empty it will cause overheating on the fuel pump.. better refuel on the 1/4 level of the gas tank to eliminate the overheating. or maintain it to 3/4 level to elimate the tank corrosion....
    Now, who in his right mind would put the submersible pump above 1/4 ? Hehe.
    Anyway, since modern cars have ECU's, this is not much of a problem anymore. See, the submersible pumps are located BELOW the RESERVE level, and the ECU will shut-off the pump when it's in danger of emerging from the fluid level.
    Last edited by woohoo; January 3rd, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Now, who in his right mind would use a submersible pump in vehicle fuel tanks? Any references?

E di hindi na tayo puwedeng magbiyahe nang less than 1/4 or even 1/2 ang laman nang may peace of mind? Tsk! :nono:
    Besides, if 1/2 empty ang gas tank natin always, then the upper portion nang tank natin would accumulate kalawang due to moisture in the long run. Is this so? and If it is, then it is wise to have a full tank all the time. Just my two cents opinion.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Always Running on Low Gas, what are its damaging effects?