New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    interested din ako sa engine modification for more horse power and torque.

which one is more available in local market , air intake or turbo mod?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    the cost of each system depends on the vehicle price range is from 35-40k, as per order po un ksi every vehicle has its own power range and psi of boost..kaya d sya one unit fits all, we are based in davao..we just shipped the system to anywhere inthe philippines..sa installation kailangan lng ng electrician sa pag tap ng wire sa power source from yuor ignition,tpos kailagan ka rin pagawa ng plate holder para sa pump and reservoir..lahat ng fitting instruction nandun na sa kit...very economical po sya sa maintenance,methanol and rain water or distilled water lng kailangan...

based in dvo ka pala saan ang shop mo?
    i grew up in dvo ( matina )also but naka tira na sa mnla.

merry xmas & hapi new year.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    so, yung P30-P40k doesn't include the install since you're from Davao pa. Since this is a "power-on-demand" type of system and functions like a NOS then you'll always need to refill it. Saan at magkano magpa refill? Intrested sana ako. My Sorento CRDi already has mods in it, performance chip, K&N cone filter, headers, downpipe, bigger intercooler.... don't know how much HP this is pushing but pretty sure is above the 185hp range.

Do you guys know any store here in Q.C. where they do diesel engine mods?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    SaberRider,
    Taas na ng HP, i hope your drive train can support that power!
    Power will be worthless if you can't tranfer it to the wheels.
    Transmission ang pinaka kawawa diyan. Kung AT yan i suggest you put transmission oil temp guage so you can minitor overheating.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Engine modifications for more horsepower will void your vehicle's warranty.

Be careful!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *Dieseldude

Yes, I've very well aware that it voids your warranty that's why I waited for the warranty to end. Right now, I need a new speedo gauge... sumisipa na ako ng 200kph sa needle and hanggang doon palang yung gauge. Both are M/T btw. I already did an engine dyno with just the tuning box before and it was already at 176hp. Now I added the air intake, bigger intercooler, headers and downpipe.

No need to worry about the drivetrain, I already own 2 Sorento's both almost the same mods. The other one is in Stuttgart, Germany. Mura yung performance chips pero mahal ang mga non-electrical parts gaya ng headers and downpipe so I had to get them here. So far, ok pa rin yung drivetrain on both considering the one in Germany already has a total of nearly 72t km on the odo while it has 54t km with the mods fitted in. I still prefer this over my Q7 and Range Rover, garbo masyado sa fuel.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    SaberRider,

I'm glad you're aware of the warranty issue.

With that extra speed and torque, you may have to improve your brakes and suspension. Safety is more important than power.

Ingat.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    SaberRider,

Autobahn tested na pala, keep us updated with your sorrentos.
    Have you installed an EGT/pyrometer and a boost guage? Remember at 1200F aluminum components inside the combustion chamber will start to weaken and eventually melt (If sustained long periods).
    If your EGT guage is C it will be between 6-7(x100).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by saulctg View Post
    based in dvo ka pala saan ang shop mo?
    i grew up in dvo ( matina )also but naka tira na sa mnla.

merry xmas & hapi new year.
    iwasan po natin ang

"txtspch"

nasa rules and regulation po yan.

peace out

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    iwasan po natin ang

"txtspch"

nasa rules and regulation po yan.

peace out