New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi Guys, just a question what's the difference between an air filter and a CIA? If i am planning to have my headers and exhaust modified, would it be ok if i just use an air filter?

Cheers.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sorry guys, it's CAI.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You mean a stock air box vs CAI.

CAI is also usually filtered, but the difference lies in where the air is coming from. CAI systems have inlet spouts that are positioned in a way that only cold air gets into it. Stock air boxes usually have the inlet spout inside the engine compartment, so it implies that it sucks in hot air.

It's a well-known fact that cool air from the outside has higher density than say, the hot air under the hood. That will translate to a slightly higher oxygen content for the engine.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i'd get a CAI if i could afford it. my hondas all run somewhat better when the air outside is cold or when it's rainy.

i'd mount mine with the intake near the headlights

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *volts - how much did it cost you for the CAI?

What i wanted for my car is an air filter from k&N the cone shaped. I inquired on them how much would it cost to install the cone shaped filter, they told me it's around 18k for the kit.

I forgot to asked this question to them maybe some of you could help me. What does the kit include? sorry guys newbie here.

Cheers.

Air Filter vs CIA