New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hi. It's just my first time to take care of a diesel engine vehicle...

I have an FX with 2c-t engine....

At first, it really runs very well.. smooth acceration. I usually change my change my oil/filter 4-5T kms... between 6mos to 12mos fuel filter change.

Now, I'm noticing that i'm lacking torque, especially whenever I have a number of people on board. I also just get around 7.5kms/L on city driving.

It's been just about 4000kms since I last had my calibration/nozzle replacement.

What seems to be the problem? I'm monitoring the oil level, but it seems ok... I'm loosing some but on a very minimal level, which I believe mo be normal.

Could it be that I already need valve clearance adjustments (which I honestly can't remember when I had it last checked)? What other things do I need to check?

Can you guys recommend a good shop preferably Makati area...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hi. It's just my first time to take care of a diesel engine vehicle...

I have an FX with 2c-t engine....

At first, it really runs very well.. smooth acceration. I usually change my change my oil/filter 4-5T kms... between 6mos to 12mos fuel filter change.

Now, I'm noticing that i'm lacking torque, especially whenever I have a number of people on board. I also just get around 7.5kms/L on city driving.

It's been just about 4000kms since I last had my calibration/nozzle replacement.

What seems to be the problem? I'm monitoring the oil level, but it seems ok... I'm loosing some but on a very minimal level, which I believe mo be normal.

Could it be that I already need valve clearance adjustments (which I honestly can't remember when I had it last checked)? What other things do I need to check?

Can you guys recommend a good shop preferably Makati area...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    check air filter

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you cleaned the air filters as well? If it's a turbo, you can try to have it checked also (especially if you got the engine surplus, and also if you don't allow cool down time before shutting the engine off).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check fuel filter, air filter, adjust tappets to specs... that's in order of priority. most of time, dirty or clogged fuel filter lang ganyan in my (limited) experience.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Barado filters ng injection pump. It could be caused by different gas stations you've been filling up with.

sabi nila di na daw na-aajust ang valve clearance ng makinang ito(2c-t)..makina itself is disposable...

how true is this?baka urban legend nalang ito...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    well, my air filter is OK, fuel filter last changed nung march lang...

I don't think cooling down the engine after running is required for 2c-t engine... for what i've noticed, not like other turbo engines which are just oil cooled, 2c-t is both oil and water cooled.

I'm really suspecting the valve clearance, or probably my valve seals.... The last time I tried to take off the injectors, one has some oil...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    sabi nila di na daw na-aajust ang valve clearance ng makinang ito(2c-t)..makina itself is disposable...

how true is this?baka urban legend nalang ito...
    Yup, valve clearance for the 2C/2C-T can't be adjusted! Have it checked for loose compression - if you've lost compression it's most probably on the head. Have the valve clearances checked, kung "naka-tukod" na yung valve stem sa cam, one way to have it fixed is a top overhaul.

From what was shared by an acquaintance who used to have a MEGA-Taxi (read: first-gen FX) fleet, he had one mechanic who formerly worked with toyota (kaya raw kabisado niya ang mga ito) who did it for three of his FX. Ang ginagawa raw was take off the head and manually grind the valve into the valve seat para mag-seal properly. Gumamit daw ng grinding compound (yung green) tapos may suction tool (yung parang nasa mga windshield shades) na may stem. The valve is attched to the tool, some grinding compound is applied to the valve seat, and the valve itself is ground on the seat, parang nagbabati ka ng tablea...

Then after the seat is ground, yung valve stem naman is ground to shorten it para hindi na ito tumukod.

Adjustments that needs to be done on 2C-T engine?