New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    baka naman kumakabit parin yung compressor kahit naka off na yung A/C?
    yep i thought about this na... what i did was to turn off the main thermostat sa dashboard, and the thermostat installed by the aicon guy, then tried driving around. wala, compressor doesn't come on (a/c fan ON ha). when i turned on the main thermostat, wala pa din. when i turned on the aircon guy's thermoswitch, ayun, umandar, hehe.

na-bypass na talaga yung main thermostat nung aicon guy hehe.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup i can be adjusted. have that checked narin baka maluwag na. if that still doesn't improve the milage then have the carb looked at na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    walang kwenta ang mga surplus compressors kasi you will just need to replace every time it becomes defective. palpak yang mga yan whether it's from banawe or evangelista. nakadalawang palit kami. yung 1st comp. namin tumatagas ang freon. yung 2nd comp. di rin namamatay para mapahinga yung engine. the same
    problem that you have right now - an aircon that does not automatically turn off
    after a few minutes of use. the aircon must also automatically turn off when you accelerate fast after pressing the gas pedal hard. that's why we opted to install a brand new compressor. talagang magastos yan sa gas kasi the engine no longer rests when it's turned on. mga 20thou nagastos namin kasi we had to replace some parts which were probably affected by the dysfunctional compressor. mitsu lancer auto namin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
99 corolla xe 1.3 atrocious gas mileage