New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Bros. ano sign na dapat na palitan fuel filter? 2 years na sakin oto di ko pa pinalitan. Mabubuksan ba yun to check? Nangangamoy kasi gas after driving. pinatingin ko tank wala naman leak. Yun suspect ko. Getting opinion first kasi 2.6k quote ng casa. Ganun ba talaga price nun? Car is 7g Galant. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That must be one hell of a fuel filter. The most expensive gasoline fuel filter I ever bought cost around Php450.00 and labor was less than Php200.00.

Fuel filters are like oil filters. They are replaced at specified intervals (check your owner's manual for the proper interval). At any rate, two years is surely beyond the recommended interval.

I don't know if it will solve your gas smell problems, though.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one hell of a fuel filter nga.
    just changed my fuel filter last saturday. cost me 120 petot.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *OTEP and happy_gilmore- ang mahal nga Sir. Metal yung fuel filter ng 7g. Nag tanong na rin ako sa El Dorado cheaper lang ng konti. Ok lang ba ang replacement sa fuel filter? 400 pesos nung tinanong ko. Ano po maganda brand for replacement? thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by romtrt View Post
    *OTEP and happy_gilmore- ang mahal nga Sir. Metal yung fuel filter ng 7g. Nag tanong na rin ako sa El Dorado cheaper lang ng konti. Ok lang ba ang replacement sa fuel filter? 400 pesos nung tinanong ko. Ano po maganda brand for replacement? thanks!
    imho, replacement is alright, as long as you replace it regularly.
    ako, i replace my "cheap" fuel filter every 10k kms.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    have your checked your charcoal canister? it's responsible for absorbing fuel fumes and prevent them from getting inside the cabin. check if it's clogged and/or inspect the the hoses.
    If I'm not mistaken; it's 45000 mile part. if your past that then you might wanna consider replacing it, you can probably do it your self, just locate the black cylinder with 2 fuel lines connected to it (18mm banjo fitting). it should be on the passenger side firewall. easiest way to locate it is to trace the fuel line coming out of the left side (passenger) of your fuel rail and it will lead you to it.
    -hth

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The charcoal canister looks like a black water jug.

I think the last replacement fuel filter I used was Circuit or Kanzen. I can't recally the brand. It's also a metal fuel filter which I fitted on the Vitara. It's also probably a Mitsu part since a lot of the Vitara consumables are exact copy of Mitsu parts.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *dj- Thanks for that info. I never thought of that part as a matter of fact its my first time to know what that part is for.hehe I just checked it now. Is it the black one about 2.5 inch in diameter and 7 inch long with hoses connecting on the upper part? Is there a replacement part for that also? or should I go for oem? Do you have an idea about the price?Thanks!

*OTEP- thanks Sir I'll check for those replacement brand. I really appreciate your help..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    imho, replacement is alright, as long as you replace it regularly.
    ako, i replace my "cheap" fuel filter every 10k kms.
    +1

I replaced mine twice already...but not every 10k kms.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by romtrt View Post
    *dj- Thanks for that info. I never thought of that part as a matter of fact its my first time to know what that part is for.hehe I just checked it now. Is it the black one about 2.5 inch in diameter and 7 inch long with hoses connecting on the upper part? Is there a replacement part for that also? or should I go for oem? Do you have an idea about the price?Thanks!

*OTEP- thanks Sir I'll check for those replacement brand. I really appreciate your help..
    yeah, there should be a replacement part for it, OEM or aftermarket shouldn't matter. over here they go for about $20, it might be cheaper down there...
    If it really was the charcoal canister, I'd look into why it failed. Normally it's soaked with fuel, it's a sign of a fueling system failure in the works. I'd check the vacuum and hoses too, it could be as simple as vacuum leak or lack of vacuum that rpevents it from doing it's job.

7g fuel filter: dapat ng palitan?