New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi guys,Iam driving a corolla 90 running on a 4af engine and Tanong ko lang po kung tama po ba na dapat 700rpm idle w/o aircon yung makina and pagka naka aircon naman po ay 700 to 800rpm naman po.

I drove to NLEX days ago and pushes the car upto 140kph at 3800rpm. Question ko po. tama po ba ung rpm for that speed.

For tsikoters with similar engine type (4AF carb) ilan km po kayo per liter. sakin po kasi 7km/L. parang nalalakasan po kasi ako sa consumo.

ideas and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cfatchma View Post
    Hi guys,Iam driving a corolla 90 running on a 4af engine and Tanong ko lang po kung tama po ba na dapat 700rpm idle w/o aircon yung makina and pagka naka aircon naman po ay 700 to 800rpm naman po.

I drove to NLEX days ago and pushes the car upto 140kph at 3800rpm. Question ko po. tama po ba ung rpm for that speed.

For tsikoters with similar engine type (4AF carb) ilan km po kayo per liter. sakin po kasi 7km/L. parang nalalakasan po kasi ako sa consumo.

ideas and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks po.
    Idle is normal. RPMs are normal. Heck, no way that can actually change except if you have a slipping clutch. And fuel consumption... well, that depends on your driving habits and route. But if you're doing 140 on the NLEX, that's probably the reason. Otherwise, clean your carb and get a tune-up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    well what bothers me most is when after running the car at 140km/h and idle the engine to take a leak, the idle rpm goes to 900 w/o ac. then when ac is turned on, the rpm goes down to 700 to 800rpm. what may seems to be the problem with this? is it my carb?

btw thanks for the reply.

700rpm (idle) - 3000 RPM