New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pareng cardo, believe it or not, dun sa Civic ko dati, once a year lang change oil ko, full synthetic gamit ko eh. Pero self maintained yun. (actually all my cars are)

YUng tito ko nga sa from the states nagulat when he found out that we (our casas) change oil every 5k kms. Sa states mas matagal yung interval, and its in miles not kms (just forgot the specifics).

Pero in the end, its still up to you if you wanna put up with this change oil racket.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir pajerokid mas harsh daw ang condition natin dito dba kasi masmainit tayo dito

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi rin siguro. Mas harsh when it comes to the suspension siguro, but for the engine, IMO di siguro major difference. Yung ambient temp lang naman ang difference eh.

Of course, for new vehicles, i suggest you keep up with the casa's recommended PMS sched while the vehicle is still in its warranty period.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our driving conditions qualify as "harsh" because of the dustier atmosphere, hotter temps, and the stop-and-go driving brought about by our traffic conditions... thus, i feel more comfy with changing oil every 5K (using mineral oil)... I've seen several cars using synth and extending the drain interval and the results werent really that nice (the oil became dirty sludge).

I guess the best would be to follow what the factory recommends in the manual/service booklet as Pajerokid mentioned.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stop and go traffic can really shorten the life of an engine.

If I were to choose between mineral oil being replaced every 5 thousand Kms. and synthetic being replaced at extended intervals, I would still go with mineral.

Pero kung synthetic being replaced every 5 thousand Kms., sana umulan na ng pera! Woohoo!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di na kelangan umulan ng pera, mura lang naman yung full synth oil ng Petron, I think it was around 270/liter.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hehe ako po, 3x na 1K, 5K, and 10K synth oil ang nilagay namin, and i think ganyan tlaga magiging oil nya hanggat may mailalabas na pera hehehe...

kanina nga pala sa smoke emition... 0.0 ang CO hehe malamang 7months palang naman po un sasakyan hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
5KM PMS - no change oil???